Need help with ending steps on ssd to ssd drive cloning

Xtreme Gamer

I know the beginning and middle steps for aomei drive cloner, What Idk is how to make the old boot drive another storage device. Can anyone help me plz? Ty!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

I know the beginning and middle steps for aomei drive cloner, What Idk is how to make the old boot drive another storage device. Can anyone help me plz? Ty!!!!

Well presumably, once the cloning process is complete, you have all of the files on both drives?

In that case, I would just format the SSD you intend to use as the storage drive. Then if you want to have any duplicate copies of files, just copy them back. This ensures that no space is wasted by Windows System Files or unwanted duplicates.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Well presumably, once the cloning process is complete, you have all of the files on both drives?

In that case, I would just format the SSD you intend to use as the storage drive. Then if you want to have any duplicate copies of files, just copy them back. This ensures that no space is wasted by Windows System Files or unwanted duplicates.

Would I have to realign the partitions on the new drive after cloning? I heard that when you clone from hdd to ssd you need to realign partitions. Is the same thing true for ssd to ssd? Aslo, after I boot up with both boot drives in. What should I expect to happen during the boot process? Never did do drive cloning or migration so no idea what to expect....

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

Would I have to realign the partitions on the new drive after cloning? I heard that when you clone from hdd to ssd you need to realign partitions. Is the same thing true for ssd to ssd? Aslo, after I boot up with both boot drives in. What should I expect to happen during the boot process? Never did do drive cloning or migration so no idea what to expect....

As for realigning partitions, should be unnecessary. If you're using Windows 7, it'll do all it needs to do with the SSD when you partition and format it (Note: I'd recommend deleting the partition and recreating it before formatting, just to make sure Windows 7 does all it needs to do).

As for booting up after cloning: Well the simplest way to ensure it boots to the new SSD is to simply unplug the SATA cable from the original SSD, boot up, then while in Windows, plug the original SSD back in (SATA is hot-plug capable so don't worry about harming the drive).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As for realigning partitions, should be unnecessary. If you're using Windows 7, it'll do all it needs to do with the SSD when you partition and format it (Note: I'd recommend deleting the partition and recreating it before formatting, just to make sure Windows 7 does all it needs to do).

As for booting up after cloning: Well the simplest way to ensure it boots to the new SSD is to simply unplug the SATA cable from the original SSD, boot up, then while in Windows, plug the original SSD back in (SATA is hot-plug capable so don't worry about harming the drive).

What if im using Windows 8 Pro?

What if im using Windows 8 Pro?

It's essentially the same as Windows 7 in terms of what you'd do.