Thoughts on Portable Gaming System (PGS)

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/pgs_-_the_fully_portable_pc_gaming_system/1

This is the link for the article for the portable gaming system, they describe how the Vita is dying while the 3DS is going past its shelf life.

My question is without the game streaming, can the intel atom X7 Z8750 run games at least at 1080p? Somewhere in the lines of emulating PS2 at a higher resolution without the battery taking a toll.

I have seen the kickstarters about the past mobile devices I think was a mobile steam boy running with AMD's jaguar cores.

Is it a good product at its price, will it perform as it should or is the dream over?

1 minute ago, AkatsukiKun said:

http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_displays/pgs_-_the_fully_portable_pc_gaming_system/1

This is the link for the article for the portable gaming system, they describe how the Vita is dying while the 3DS is going past its shelf life.

My question is without the game streaming, can the intel atom X7 Z8750 run games at least at 1080p? Somewhere in the lines of emulating PS2 at a higher resolution without the battery taking a toll.

I have seen the kickstarters about the past mobile devices I think was a mobile steam boy running with AMD's jaguar cores.

Is it a good product at its price, will it perform as it should or is the dream over?

It doesn't have Sun or Moon. No deal.

it looks like it could run ps2 emulation easily. as for games at 1080p no unless it's really old. and i doubt it would even run most AA
A games at 720p.

Error 404 humor not found.

@SukaroBlue I simply don't know where the integrated graphics or performance of the atom sit at compared to modern SoCs but if it is at the point similar to the Nvidia Shield (tablet/gamepad) where it can run Half Life 2 natively I would be excited to buy one of these.

id say it can run half life 2 @AkatsukiKun

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

5 minutes ago, AkatsukiKun said:

@SukaroBlue I simply don't know where the integrated graphics or performance of the atom sit at compared to modern SoCs but if it is at the point similar to the Nvidia Shield (tablet/gamepad) where it can run Half Life 2 natively I would be excited to buy one of these.

It looks like it could handle half life 2 easily. Modern Atoms are far more powerful than Pentium 4's and the gpu should be better than half 2 era gpu's.

Error 404 humor not found.