Help me decide - Scimitar vs Sabre!

FoxxyRin

So, I've been eyeing the Scimitar now that they finally made a version that isn't that awful neon yellow (no offense to anyone who likes it -- it just clashes with my setup), I'm incredibly tempted to get a Scimitar. However, at $80 (I have to buy through Amazon due to having a gift card), I'm a bit scared to order it. I've had an MMO mouse before way back in like 2011/2012 (Razer Naga), and while I loved the mouse, I never got around to using the side buttons. They were at an incredibly awkward placement for my short thumb, so I ended up ignoring them until it died. Now that I'm back into MMOs, I feel like it would be a nice upgrade (currently using a shitty wireless mouse with only two side buttons), as FFXIV causes my rheumatoid arthritis to flare up pretty fast, even with my hotkeys setup to where I never have to go past 6. I feel like I would greatly benefit from the keys, but I'm still scared I'll get them and end up simply not using them again, which would equate to wasting $30 or so in the price difference. The Sabre on the otherhand, has several extra buttons. So I could, at the very least, maybe setup an extra bar in FFXIV so that I never have to go past 5 on my hotkeys, but I'm just really not sure. Note: I may have short thumbs, but I have large-ish hands and prefer palming a mouse, so the size shouldn't be an issue.

Does anyone have any preferences between the two mice? Does the slider go back far enough that perhaps my short thumbs won't be an issue like with the Naga? Do you think MMO mice are just a gimmick? Any help/advice/experience is very appreciated. ♥ Please reply ASAP, as I'd like to order it with next day delivery, which I must do within 2 more hours.

Just to add, I'd like to stick with the Scimitar or Sabre only, as it will match my new Strafe keyboard.