IE needs to die.

Mooshi

I'm sure the most current version of IE is considerably better than versions of the past, but this isn't about that. Imagine running Firefox or Chrome as your browser of choice and then suddenly an error pops up complaining about Active X controls. What's that? Active X is a Microsoft thing? - And that's the problem with IE. Sometimes Skype randomly generates an ad that tries to do something in IE, but since I've done all I can to suppress IE in Win7, it generates and error. (GG Microsoft for messing with Skype)

It's not only Skype, there are several programs that try to utilize IE instead of your default browser and that's a bit annoying. Who else loathes IE for reasons? :ph34r:

IE is much like WP8, they aren't generally bad anymore, infact they're viable but the support and apps for them are no where to be found so.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

NOOOO! How else would you download another browser!?

Jokes aside, IE is actually pretty good now. It's just that it has lost too much traction to Chrome and Firefox, that people don't bother with it anymore.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

But when software tries to open things in IE instead of your default browser...that's just dumb to me.

how else will i be able to get chrome for windows?

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Since the release of IE9, I have never had any problem with them.

Besides, why not just uninstall IE and be all done with it?

You can do it by going into "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features", on the left, there is a "turn windows features on and off" button... and it's just a few clicks after that.

IE will only die with windows...

microsoft will keep throwing money at IE 

they will always install IE with your windows pc

I do like IE, but I hate the fact that it's so BING this and BING that, I know you can change this but it's not that straight forward, and yeah, there isn't much out there for it and the thing I hate the most!!! MSN wont work on IE8 or lower sometimes meaning... Microsoft stuff isn't compatible with Microsoft stuff! Google however... works fine! :D

Intel Core I5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, AMD Radeon HD6950, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard, 8GB DDR3 Corsair RAM, Corsair H100, 60GB Agility3 OS drive + 1TB WD Blue drive. 

I use this rig mainly for facebook and emails. Pointless effort to be honest!

Since the release of IE9, I have never had any problem with them.

Besides, why not just uninstall IE and be all done with it?

You can do it by going into "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features", on the left, there is a "turn windows features on and off" button... and it's just a few clicks after that.

Did that. Hense random IE related errors from things trying to access IE instead of Firefox. This is why IE annoys me so much because some programs want IE regardless of it has access or not.

That's not really uninstalling IE as much as it's just hiding it.

Did that. Hense random IE related errors from things trying to access IE instead of Firefox. This is why IE annoys me so much because some programs want IE regardless of it has access or not.

That's not really uninstalling IE as much as it's just hiding it.

Well, then you could try the complete opposite. Install IE11.

Well, then you could try the complete opposite. Install IE11.

I probably will when I reinstall Win7. :P

Google needs to sign something with microsoft to get rid of ie 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I will always use IE. I don't really like Firefox (apart from markerbids.com) or chrome.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I use it to download Chrome. Even doing that is so slow.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Google needs to sign something with microsoft to get rid of ie 

MS wouldn't do this, they want IE not just so people are using their browser but so that they AREN'T using the browser that goes directly to google. Bing is still something they're pushing. 

The latest IE (11 I think) it's not that bad. Especially for touch. It's the only one that works properly with it AFAIK

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I used IE 1 time to download google chrome.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

What I don't like about IE is what seems to be the tight integration inside the operating systems...although it isn't as bad as it was before...but remember when you had to update your computer through the windows update button in ie

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

What I don't like about IE is what seems to be the tight integration inside the operating systems...although it isn't as bad as it was before...but remember when you had to update your computer through the windows update button in ie

IE is not integrated with the OS.

But what it has is ActiveX, something people don't really understand the power of it. It has a the ability to very easily be integrated by an app.

A few commands, and you can have Media Player inside your app, or IE or Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, for example. This allows developers that wants to play a video or something inside a program, not have to code themselves their own video player or web browser, and end up with a half-ass software that can compromise the system due to the security holes which definitively won't be fixed.

The only thing that Windows uses from IE, is the help documentation of the OS and it's software. And almost all program help doc are using IE ActiveX, and many uses IE inside it.

That is why when you remove IE from Program and Features panel in Windows Vista and up, IE files remains. Else many programs will just not run properly, or have it's help documentation not work.

Its not nick named "Internet Exploder" for nothing

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

IE is not integrated with the OS.

But what it has is ActiveX, something people don't really understand the power of it. It has a the ability to very easily be integrated by an app.

A few commands, and you can have Media Player inside your app, or IE or Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader, for example. This allows developers that wants to play a video or something inside a program, not have to code themselves their own video player or web browser, and end up with a half-ass software that can compromise the system due to the security holes which definitively won't be fixed.

The only thing that Windows uses from IE, is the help documentation of the OS and it's software. And almost all program help doc are using IE ActiveX, and many uses IE inside it.

That is why when you remove IE from Program and Features panel in Windows Vista and up, IE files remains. Else many programs will just not run properly, or have it's help documentation not work.

To me anything program that requires files left behind on the operating system to prevent breaking other programs is integrated into Windows...I guess it could depend on how you define integrated though.  Remember Microsoft in court tried to claim that IE was too integrated into the operating system to fully remove (yes I am going back a long time, but I still see leftovers from that).  The problem I have is all the communication between Windows and IE (like IE tracking local computer files used).,..so in my opinion IE is still integrated with the OS...uninstalling and leaving files so that many programs will run properly to me means it is integrated

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

IE is much better for something like a school or office, if everyone downloaded their own browsers you couldn't have as much control on them for filtering and just to simplify things. If you are a very small business or just a single person I think IE isn't good. The new versions are much better than something like IE8 tbh.

Spoiler

To me anything program that requires files left behind on the operating system to prevent breaking other programs is integrated into Windows...I guess it could depend on how you define integrated though.  Remember Microsoft in court tried to claim that IE was too integrated into the operating system to fully remove (yes I am going back a long time, but I still see leftovers from that).  The problem I have is all the communication between Windows and IE (like IE tracking local computer files used).,..so in my opinion IE is still integrated with the OS...uninstalling and leaving files so that many programs will run properly to me means it is integrated

No, before, "removing" IE, just removed the shortcuts of IE on your system. It was still installed, and accessible.

IE was also used for the entire explorer experience. So even if you removed IE, you open a folder, and type a web site in the address bar, it actually displayed the web site you put on the address bar instead of the folder content that you had before. IE was part of the OS. If you actually removed IE, you would have nothing more than a task bar.

This also meat it opened room for tool bars to be installed on folders, as folders was just IE, and it did had this.

Example:

MSN toolbar in IE instaled:

86533-msn-toolbar-suite-beta-no-wheeling

Same MSN toolbar on folders

msn_toolbar_suite_09.jpg

You don't have this with Windows Vista and up. But some users have legacy toolbar bars of it installed in their system, but the bar can't be displayed because IE is no intergarted to teh system. Explorer, is actually explorer, independent from IE.

Windows 7 example:

image_thumb.png

Notice the small bar on top of the Windows 7 tool bar. (Above Organize, but bellow the glass effect)

If you put your cursor over it, you'll see your cursor change to scaling, but trying to scale results in nothing (no, it's not the menu bar)

This is how Windows 7 folder is suppose to look:

w7-explorer1.jpg

Integrated means, that if that component is no longer there, the system will no longer function at all or properly. It is required for the full user experience.

For example, if you remove Notepad (assuming you have the option to do so), no software will break. Windows will still function as normal.

Or another example, if you buy Windows N edition in Europe, You don't have Media Player.. but the system still works. You can still use Windows perfectly fine. You cant' play video's, without installing additional software, but beside that, it works.