RX 480 by Asus

The Realist
40 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Well , by googling it , found a review : http://www.tweaktown.com/news/30915/we-take-a-closer-look-at-sapphire-s-beautiful-atomic-hd-7990-gpu/index.html

Its a 7990 with a veery nice cooling system and 3x 8 pin for power .. 12 Phase power delivery , 600 amps in total . 

It seriously uses 600watts?!  That's got to be more than my entire main desktop uses...

9 minutes ago, Okjoek said:

very basic/utilitarian

I'd be ashamed to try to highlight this mediocre performing card in my PC, so yeah it's better to just have it be plain and utilitarian. And if I ever saw someone with a 480 all gussied up I'd be asking them why they didn't spring for a faster card.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Both the black Nitro and the Strix look baller to me. 

Will be interesting to see OC potential on these cards!

47 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It seriously uses 600watts?!  That's got to be more than my entire main desktop uses...

600 Amps is the  current that can be supplied to the gpu cores from the power delivery circuitry . 

Watts wise .. going by connectors its 3x150W + 75W from the motherboard .. 525W in total . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

1 minute ago, ColonelThunder said:

600 Amps is the  current that can be supplied to the gpu cores from the power delivery circuitry . 

Watts wise .. going by connectors its 3x150W + 75W from the motherboard .. 525W in total . 

That card is like a "Brock Lesnar version od GPU's"

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

3 hours ago, dtaflorida said:

I'd be ashamed to try to highlight this mediocre performing card in my PC, so yeah it's better to just have it be plain and utilitarian. And if I ever saw someone with a 480 all gussied up I'd be asking them why they didn't spring for a faster card.

Well I still plan on getting it. And Apparently I'm not the only one because according to Adored 84% of the GPU market shops in the $300 and below price range. 

As Adored said, it's the top 1% buying the GTX1080.

Spoiler

Bernie-Sanders.jpg

Just like the establishment, Nvidia won't stay afloat forever by alienating the consumer base.

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It's so big and scary looking.  ?    What is it?

Back in the day, Sapphire had another tier above their Toxic cards - the Atomic series. Overclocking beasts with absolutely great cooling. The card I've posted is the Sapphire HD 7990 Atomic, so essentially it's a watercooled dual-GPU akin to the Radeon R9 295X2 and Radeon Pro Duo.

Alas, probably not going to happen but a man can dream :)

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Looks good, though seems to be a pretty large cooler for such GPU heh. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, HKZeroFive said:

Back in the day, Sapphire had another tier above their Toxic cards - the Atomic series. Overclocking beasts with absolutely great cooling. The card I've posted is the Sapphire HD 7990 Atomic, so essentially it's a watercooled dual-GPU akin to the Radeon R9 295X2 and Radeon Pro Duo.

Alas, probably not going to happen but a man can dream :)

That's cool.  Are those dual GPU cards the same as SLI/Crossfire or do they function differently?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's cool.  Are those dual GPU cards the same as SLI/Crossfire or do they function differently?

They function the same expect they are kinda a "compact sli/crossfire card" but they tend to be more expensive (Fucking GTX Titan Z)

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Yep, essentially it's two GPUs in Crossfire/SLI. Making it somewhat a niche product but still very cool nonetheless.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

Yep, essentially it's two GPUs in Crossfire/SLI. Making it somewhat a niche product but still very cool nonetheless.

Yea until Nvidia puts a price tag of $3000 for a Titan Z,and it does not even matter even do its a old GPU it still has a price tag of $3000 whoever bought that GPU must be a idiot :/

32 minutes ago, The Realist said:

They function the same expect they are kinda a "compact sli/crossfire card" but they tend to be more expensive (Fucking GTX Titan Z)

Ah.  Interesting way to do that at least.

32 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Definitely cool.  Pricey too I'm sure.

18 hours ago, The Realist said:

I agree i think Asus is going to far did you see there R9 390/390X and 980Ti cards those cards are longer and bigger than keemstar's sub lost (hard to beat) the 480 should be a budget card if they ask for more than $300 in the US its not worth it

according to something I read on the 29th, some AIB cards are reaching all the way to 1600 mhz. You might need it at those clock speeds.

Also Global Foundry chips hate heat