Should i upgrade my MOBO?

I plan to upgrade to a brand new gtx 1080 as soon i see one on stock, but i was wondering if my motherboard would somehow interfere with the performance. My CPU is a i5-6600k, and the mobo is an ASUS Z170-A. 

I'm just worried because i know nothing about motherboards and i rarely see my motherboard in builds.

2 minutes ago, MrAlbertrocks said:

I plan to upgrade to a brand new gtx 1080 as soon i see one on stock, but i was wondering if my motherboard would somehow interfere with the performance. My CPU is a i5-6600k, and the mobo is an ASUS Z170-A. 

I'm just worried because i know nothing about motherboards and i rarely see my motherboard in builds.

you're fine

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Nope, nothing about your motherboard will impede its performance.  That's a great motherboard, and you're putting a great video card on it.

That's a fantastic board and mobos usually don't bottleneck GPU too much unless we're talking many years old on an ancient chipset, but you're totally fine for a while

Thank you guys for the quick replies, that's a weight off my mind.

the only reason a motherboard could bottleneck a GPU is its PCIe ports/lanes. Z170-A has PCIe 3.0 x16 which is enough for any GPU today, and will be enough for (likely) many years to come still