Who does Apple think they are?

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

And they look pretty too :o

that's mostly the reason apple "gets away" with their sometimes quite ridiculous prices: you'd be hard pressed finding a device as pretty as theirs, with the same functionality as theirs.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

that's mostly the reason apple "gets away" with their sometimes quite ridiculous prices: you'd be hard pressed finding a device as pretty as theirs, with the same functionality as theirs.

The large triangular heatsink probably requires some work. Along with that chassis. Probably not enough to warrant the price but great feat anyway. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

and they aren't just pretty; they are well built with quality hardware.

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

The large triangular heatsink probably requires some work. Along with that chassis. Probably not enough to warrant the price but great feat anyway. 

the heatsink sorta makes sense, the idea is that it can allow two of the 3 main components to operate at 100% load, which covers the majority of it's funcional area: anything that tanks up the cpu 100% most likely wont come near capping out both GPUs as well, and anything that caps out both GPUs is most likely gpu rendering, which is much easier on the cpu.

1 minute ago, Sunshine1868 said:

and they aren't just pretty; they are well built with quality hardware.

i have some things to say about that, but for the weight and shape of their laptops (YES they're laptops, just like EVERY other laptop) it's hard to do as well or better.

On 29/06/2016 at 2:15 AM, Sunshine1868 said:

Hardware isn't everything; a big chevy truck has a 6.2L V8, while a Formula 1 car has a 1.6l v6... which is faster?

Pretty good analogy

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

I've owned a retina imac, and now a pc with a 5930k and two OC 1070s.

If my job required a computer, I'd take the imac any day. Other than gaming apple computers are superior in every way. They just work, and they don't slow down, until they get old.

i forgot how it was to have to update drivers, bios, software, antivirus. Then the updates aren't always compatible.

Not all people are paying more for just an apple logo. Most people who have enough disposable income to afford a Mac pro are intelligent enough to not buy stuff for brand recognition.

Intel 5930k/ asus x99 deluxe II/ 32gb crucial ballistix ram/ Evga 1080 ti SC2/ enermax air cooler/ enthoo luxe case

On 6/28/2016 at 6:04 PM, ZacMelendez said:

So my dad was looking to buy a new MacBook Pro, and I was looking around the site and came across the Mac Pro. I was configuring some setups, when I created the "God PC". The 12 core, 64 GB DDR3, Dual GPU, and 1 tb of storage. When I saw the price tag, I thought, "Okay. That seems reasonable." But then I fooled around in PCPartPicker, and created the most overkill PC ever. 22 Core Intel Xeon, 128 Gb of DDR4, Dual GTX 1080s, and 1 tb of SSDs. I also included a 4K monitor, a mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse. Only to see that the price was 8500. How can Apple justify the price for the computers they sell when people can build and/or find people to build something of this caliber for them?

Well the only advantage that the Mac Pro has is some sort of warranty coverage, it is much less likely to have hardware failure, and is able to run Mac OS. 

Otherwise, the Mac Pro is using outdated hardware, and is overpriced, as many apple products are, additionally as is common with many pre built pc's, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some subpar components being used in the Mac Pro, however this may not be the case considering Apple always has a high standard for reliability. 

I don't want to go into detail as to how the pros and the cons weight around on the Mac Pro, but I will say that the considering the price of the Mac Pro, you would be making a mistake to buy it.