Buying a cherry mx blue mechanical keyboard

Chace

Hi guys, I am going to be buying a mechanical keyboard with cherry mx blue switches. Used for gaming mostly but of course typing as well. RGB lighting is a plus, my price range is like $150-200AUD, a mate suggested theCoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro and the Corsair K70. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, cheers lads :D

7 minutes ago, Chace said:

Hi guys, I am going to be buying a mechanical keyboard with cherry mx blue switches. Used for gaming mostly but of course typing as well. RGB lighting is a plus, my price range is like $150-200AUD, a mate suggested theCoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro and the Corsair K70. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, cheers lads :D

Since k70 is quite longer on the market, get this one.

I don't like it's design, but you might find it useful when you'll be cleaning this kb. So far I don't see much bad feedbacks on k70, so it should be nice.

If you want something minimalistic there's also Ducky One/Ducky Shine. Might even get that cheaper than what you want to spend.

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

Ducky one looks alright but there's no RGB lighting (sort of obsessed... sad ik). And the shine doesn't have the cherry blue switches. Thanks for your response though :D

19 minutes ago, intelCore said:
7 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

The Ducky Shine 5 comes with MX Blues. Or do you mean not in stock? Because here in Germany you can buy the version with MX Blues (and thus should be available world wide).

hmm must not be available in Australia, have looked deep and have found all the other switches but not cherry mx blues.. o.O

21 minutes ago, Chace said:

Ducky one looks alright but there's no RGB lighting (sort of obsessed... sad ik). And the shine doesn't have the cherry blue switches. Thanks for your response though :D

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1366

What about this?

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

3 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

@Chace Ducky lists PC Case Gear and Fudachi as resale partners on their website, maybe E-Mail them and ask if they can order one for you? Or E-Mail Ducky directly, not sure how their support is though.

website has red, brown and black. No blue :/ 

1 minute ago, Chace said:

American site, $47.50 shipping 10-15 shipping days. Thanks for your effort though.

... always these big fat free shipping signs with the * at the end... Sorry.

1 minute ago, intelCore said:

... always these big fat free shipping signs with the * at the end... Sorry.

No problem, I really appreciate your help. :) 

I don't know what looks you prefer but I would go for the Cooler Master one. Pretty simple looking and since there's RGB backlight you can also make it look fancy as f*ck.

2 minutes ago, intelCore said:

don't know what looks you prefer

I'm new to these, are mechanical keyboards basically all the same after switches and RGB/programing? Thats basically all I know to look for

8 minutes ago, Chace said:

I'm new to these, are mechanical keyboards basically all the same after switches and RGB/programing? Thats basically all I know to look for

Pretty much (except for layout maybe). The only thing you might still look out for are dying LEDs. Look at some reviews maybe you can find some long term ones that tell you. I don't know how it is with the Masterkeys Pro Series but other Cooler Master Keyboards had the problem of dying LEDs. I wouldn't really care but if this is RGB and you really want it might be something to consider aswell.

if you wan`t rgb and cherry mx blue`s i would recommend the corsair strafe rgb. The lightning is better than the corsair k70 rgb with the white backplate under the keycaps which helps the keyboard with the apperance. It looks better.

5 hours ago, intelCore said:

Pretty much (except for layout maybe). The only thing you might still look out for are dying LEDs. Look at some reviews maybe you can find some long term ones that tell you. I don't know how it is with the Masterkeys Pro Series but other Cooler Master Keyboards had the problem of dying LEDs. I wouldn't really care but if this is RGB and you really want it might be something to consider aswell.

I can also recommend the strafe for this reason with the dying led`s. The rgb led is mounted underneath the keyswitch instaed of on top off the keyswitch. This helps against led burnout.

Corsair strafe or k70?? Strafe is all plastic but the lighting is more vibrate. Not really sure, I guess it's between those two

1 hour ago, Chace said:

Corsair strafe or k70?? Strafe is all plastic but the lighting is more vibrate. Not really sure, I guess it's between those two

Also the cooler master masterkeys is cheaper and has cherry blues. Is that a good option, after doing further research the k70 with mx blues is way out of my budget with the addition of shiping.

22 hours ago, Chace said:

I'am using the k70 rgb at a daily basis. Here some of the pros. 

-Great build quality with the brushed metal.

-Looks really professional

-the wrist rest is awesome

-has a lower percentage of being occured with led burnout.

-MEDIA CONTROLLERS!!!

-brown and red cherry switches.

-almost a non end with what you can do with the rgb lightning.

-keyboard profiles can be downloaded from corsair rgb share for free if you can't or don't want to program you own.

the cons

-the aliminum build, because of the fact that the brushed metal is so "detailed", dust particles is very eailsy seen on the brushed metal, which makes that you have to clean the keyboard to not look crappy all the time.

- The k70 does NOT have cherry mx blues if you can't find a keyboard at ebay or something. They were discontinued because the supply of cherry mx blues were so short at the time.

-no extra usb port.

-takes two usb port when being used in usb 2.0 but can be used with one only in usb 3.0.

-really hard to make your own keyboard rgb profiles if you don't have the knowledge to program the lightning.

I did write something about the Strafe also but the server went down but the Strafe share some things for the good and bad with the k70 rgb. So just a quick recap. 

-The Strafe build quality is plastic compared to the k70 metal plate.

-the Strafe rgb has red, Brown, blue and has one of the newer switches out there, the mx silent. The k70 rgb only has red and browns.

-the Strafe rgb has an extra USB port which the k70 rgb does not have.

-the Strafe rgb has a another printing on their keycaps compared to the k70 rgb, with a little more "gamer" font.

-the k70 rgb has a braided cable which i believe the Strafe has not (rubber cable).

- the Strafe rgb and the k70 rgb both have the cherry rgb switch mount, which will help against led burnout.

-the Strafe rgb has a white backplate which gives the Strafe a much brighter apperance, due to the fact that when the light shines up in the keycap, it will reflect down on the white backplate. (Yeaaahh science bitch). Because off the fact that the k70 rgb uses a black backplate the result is that colour can look a bit dull in comparison to the Strafe.

-both keyboards uses the cue software (Corsair utility engine) which is where the light show comes to life.

-diffucult software but for the one who likes to do something for really long time and have fun or not, this is it.

Thanks, I too posted something but the server kicked me off once I hit send. I am leaning towards the K70 without RGB as i'll be saving $50 and my setup theme is black and red which the standard k70 comes with red LED backlighting (perfect!). I like the RGB and all the customisable things you can do but I honestly think if I went for a rainbow pattern it would contrast with my setup theme. Thanks for your help, I am able to get K70 LUX CHERRY MX BLUE in a store near me but the stock is low. Hopefully I can get my hands on one before they run out, fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, Chace said:

Thanks, I too posted something but the server kicked me off once I hit send. I am leaning towards the K70 without RGB as i'll be saving $50 and my setup theme is black and red which the standard k70 comes with red LED backlighting (perfect!). I like the RGB and all the customisable things you can do but I honestly think if I went for a rainbow pattern it would contrast with my setup theme. Thanks for your help, I am able to get K70 LUX CHERRY MX BLUE in a store near me but the stock is low. Hopefully I can get my hands on one before they run out, fingers crossed.

Sounds great :)

happy to be at help