Battlefield 4 Beta not using GPU?

Mr. Brovahkiin

The Battlefield 4 beta refuse to use my GPU. When I go to play it my MSI afterburner overlay doesn't show up and I I get maybe 5-6 FPS. Every other game works fine. I unistalled (using AMDs utility) and reinstalled multiple versions of AMDs drivers including the latest 13.10beta2 drivers and no luck. I have a 7950 and no matter what settings I play on I can't get it to utilize my GPU at all. Any help?

Try reinstalling Battlefield 4

Done already. Forgot to mention that

Everyone is having this problem, it maxes my 3570k @ 4.3ghz out. I don't believe there is a fix because it is just how it is coded to run.

Everyone is having this problem, it maxes my 3570k @ 4.3ghz out. I don't believe there is a fix because it is just how it is coded to run.

Well shit. 

No, it works fine with my 680. 60+ FPS on high settings, consistently 120+ on medium.

MSI afterburner wasn't working right for me either (version 2.3.1).. It shows my GPU usage, temperature, and clock rates, but it doesn't show the FPS, frametime, or OSD..

Have you tried reinstalling MSI afterburner, running the game without it active, or resetting to stock clock rates?

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

The OSD doesn't work in 64 bit games(same for evga precision) ,so you can't see fps/frametimes, if you want to check fps you can either use the ingame console command (perfoverlay.drawfps 1) or fraps

List of console commands

oVgbAcx.jpg

As for the low gpu usage, try setting mesh down to medium (helped me get from single digits to 30 ish fps) , but like blackoutcrysis is saying ,there are alot of people saying they got 100 % cpu usage and not getting decent fps,and its beeing looked into (listed as a known issue if you check battlelog)

The OSD doesn't work in 64 bit games(same for evga precision) ,so you can't see fps/frametimes, if you want to check fps you can either use the ingame console command (perfoverlay.drawfps 1) or fraps

List of console commands

oVgbAcx.jpg

As for the low gpu usage, try setting mesh down to medium , but like blackoutcrysis is saying ,there are alot of people saying they got 100 % cpu usage,and its beeing looked into (listed as a known issue if you check battlelog)

Yeah I set everything to low so I think it's just an issue with the beta

Yer, if you see people with sli titans having issues getting 40 fps on low then there is something off :P , i just hope they bother fixing it before the beta ends.

MSI afterburner wasn't working right for me either (version 2.3.1).. It shows my GPU usage, temperature, and clock rates, but it doesn't show the FPS, frametime, or OSD..

Have you tried reinstalling MSI afterburner, running the game without it active, or resetting to stock clock rates?

Sorry I missed this post. Tried all of it and same thing. Has anyone tried running it with their CPU at stock settings? It doesn't make sense that it would do anything but it's something else to try

Sorry I missed this post. Tried all of it and same thing. Has anyone tried running it with their CPU at stock settings? It doesn't make sense that it would do anything but it's something else to try

My CPU is always at stock settings (laptop, lol).. My i7-3610QM has typically been running between 50-60% load (on all 8 threads), and I didn't have any major issues like the ones most people have been describing, so maybe there is something there..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

running it off my onboard GPU on my 4670k....it runs fine on low settings. really well actually 25-30fps at 1080p

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

I'm using DXtory, showing FPS as well as capturing 1080p 30fps while playing with 45-60fps (7950 OC)

Turning a setting or two to high, puts me up to 80fps.

Using 40-60% CPU while playing, up to 75% while recording on top.

I think there are so many small bugs in this build they wont be able to iron it out before the beta ends.

I also believe this is a earlier build, like Alpha+ bit of polish and textures,.... nowhere near the final current stages they have "at the time of beta"

When the building drops, performance does a little, calculations....smoke and debris, forseeable performance hit, not so bad...

Loving it.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

This is not normal for a beta. This is a huge problem, the game using 100% of CPU and not much of the GPU. Betas are supposed to have very minor glitches or bugs or not at all. 

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Stock - MB: Asus M5A97 EVO - RAM: AMD Memory Entertainment Edition 2x4 GB 1600 MHz - PSU: Topower 650W NANO - SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM - GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor - X OC - CASE: Aerocool Strike - X Advance (Red/Black) - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64