Battlefield 4!!!

SigveS

So i have played a fair amount of bf4 today. Great game no doubt, but i have had some performance problems. First i lagged like a bitch, but the new beta driver fixed that. But i noticed that my cards are working at only 50-60% when i SLI and when i turn SLI of it works at 100% I guess they'll fix it later. 

Is someone else experiencing that as well? And what do you think about the graphics/gameplay?

Asus maximus VI extreme         i7-4770k @4.9ghz       Zotac gtx 770 amp editon @1260/7300 2-way SLI         Kingston HyperX Beast 8gb 2400mhz          Kingston HyperX 240gb SSD           2tb hdd               Nzxt Kraken x60 with noctua high pressure fans (push)        Nzxt phantom 820         XFX proseries black edition 1250w gold plus psu         And a shit load of red led fans :D   

Windows 7 ultimate

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/61498-bf4-beta-heavily-unoptimized/

Aren't the graphics like...well..exactly the same? o_o

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

So i have played a fair amount of bf4 today. Great game no doubt, but i have had some performance problems. First i lagged like a bitch, but the new beta driver fixed that. But i noticed that my cards are working at only 50-60% when i SLI and when i turn SLI of it works at 100% I guess they'll fix it later. 

Is someone else experiencing that as well? And what do you think about the graphics/gameplay?

I get the same FPS on low setting thats I do on ultra settings so clearly there is allot of bugs.

bf4 has a lot of issues. i mean a lot. i mean a metric but-tonne of them.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Really? @coen113 I have just had a couple of freezes, which is normal considering it's in beta. otherwise it performs good for me...the movment controlls feel a bit more sluggish though...

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

I really don't understand why there are so many problems....

Isn't BF4 basically BF3 with some extra stuff thrown on top with a "new" engine?

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Isn't BF4 basically BF3 with some extra stuff thrown on top with a "new" engine?

DICE is most likely fielding a BF4 build from earlier on. I'd bet they're just testing for community feedback and server stability at this point (it's obvious they learned their lesson from the BF3 alpha + beta). As such, the graphics are not up to expectations as aforementioned, because this is not an optimized build.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

A new engine is a pretty big deal. Its the skeleton over which the rest of the game adheres to. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

DICE is most likely fielding a BF4 build from earlier on. I'd bet they're just testing for community feedback and server stability at this point (it's obvious they learned their lesson from the BF3 alpha + beta). As such, the graphics are not up to expectations as aforementioned, because this is not an optimized build.

Yup it's an older build than what they are currently using at Dice.

A new engine is a pretty big deal. Its the skeleton over which the rest of the game adheres to. 

"new" is a bit of a stretch, I find it hard to believe much of anything is "new" in it.

Really? @coen113 I have just had a couple of freezes, which is normal considering it's in beta. otherwise it performs good for me...the movment controlls feel a bit more sluggish though...

i was playing bf3 and all i head was complaints.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

My two 7050s are getting mt 60fps at 1440p..But it still laggy and sucks but ive found servers where there is no lag..But what i really hate is i own at bf3 and suck at bf4 lol..

I haven't had any problems with FPS since I play on 360 but I can't find any matches with anybody in them.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

be...taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAA!!!!!!$&$%&$%&$&$%&$%&$%&$%&$%  :lol: lol

that is why it is called BETA, B E T A, get it you online guys who are crying over performance and buggs now . . .

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

I know this is german but bear with it and take a look at the diagrams: BF4 CPU Benchmark

According to the text the engine of BF4 doesnt scale correctly on a SixCore CPU most likely the FX-6xx0 series.

So Quad- and EightCores are supposed to run fine at the average FPS of >40.

To fix this with the SixCore CPUs you would need to go into the BIOS and disable the CoreModul so it runs as a QuadCore which will give you the "normal" performance according to their testing.

In addition the Beta drivers of Nvidia (don't know about AMD) will give you another boost since rendering and especially SLI will get boosted (new SLI-profile).

Personally I don't really like BF4 at all.

This is more Alpha than Beta but oh well it's EA so marketing is more important than functionality.

The funny thing is that the AMD SixCore (FX-6xx0) is listed as the recommended AMD CPU for this game by DICE and EA themselves..

If there are any other questions about the german text I posted feel free to ask, I'll do my best to translate and explain ;)

Here my post regarding BF4 and CPU scaling and core utilisation ;)

Just as a little explaination about the reasons for the performance issues in the engine

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

B

E

T

A

I've said dis like 900x and ppl still postin topics about it lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I can't even join a server, So much for "exclusive" beta. By the time it works it will be in the normal beta stage.

B

E

T

A

I've said dis like 900x and ppl still postin topics about it lol

Yeah, but still it's good if others explain it to the complaining people.. I don't get why so many people around here keep saying "Beta".. we know that, but this is a tech forum.

Just think about things and try to work them out. Although in 26 days it will be released, why not put some effort into a workaround to at least enjoy these few days of "Beta"?

Although personally I think it's Alpha..

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

Yeah, but still it's good if others explain it to the complaining people.. I don't get why so many people around here keep saying "Beta".. we know that, but this is a tech forum.

Just think about things and try to work them out. Although in 26 days it will be released, why not put some effort into a workaround to at least enjoy these few days of "Beta"?

Although personally I think it's Alpha..

It's not that, I just think its common sense, if you're having issues with a game and its beta that you'd think it was because of that :/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

lol its in beta

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol its in beta

So what? I doubt its changed much from bf3....

The only thing I can notice is the lack of the blue tint BF3 has...it now has a orangey tint...

So what? I doubt its changed much from bf3....

The only thing I can notice is the lack of the blue tint BF3 has...it now has a orangey tint...

You can't say that. The engine is, except for graphics, completely new. You can destroy the "whole" level and even cause chained events by triggering small details like cutting a powercable and such. Normally doing this brute force or "manually by hand" would take more than 16GB of RAM. So you shouldn't underestimate this new engine, although it's still a kinda alpha state and absolutely not ready for public testing but since this is the version that was developed 3 month ago I guess there will be a at least partwise working one at release. Of course it will be like every new game in these times so anticipate massive serverdowns, releasedate patches, freezes, crashes, graphic glitches and as always a whole lot of rage ;)

I think that BF4 is really messed up when my 4.4 GHz 2500k gets pushed to max load causing major fps drops. I also dont see enough graphical increases to warrant such poor performance. Also is it just me or does the movement feel sluggish. BF3 better was worlds beta in terms of quality and i was only running a gtx 570.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

I think that BF4 is really messed up when my 4.4 GHz 2500k gets pushed to max load causing major fps drops. I also dont see enough graphical increases to warrant such poor performance. Also is it just me or does the movement feel sluggish. BF3 better was worlds beta in terms of quality and i was only running a gtx 570.

No it wasn't BF3 Beta was just a piece of Crap.

bf3-glitch.jpg

You People should get that its BETA!!!!!!!!!!

That means its not polished,not optimized and full of bugs.

And the Build is around 3 Months old.

And to say its like a Alpha is just wrong an Alpha would run waaaaayy worse.

The BF4 closed Alpha had no Textures,almost no effects,Bf3 Models,Bf3 animations,Cover system wasn't working and the Fps was 30-40Fps on every GPU.

RTX2070OC