I have 6 sata ports on my Gigabyte UD3 990fx rev4 board. as far as pcie it has

PCI Express 2.0 x16
4 (x16, x16, x4, x4)
PCI Express x1
2 x PCI Express x1
PCI Slots
1 x PCI Slot

I am using a x16 for my 980.

I am wondering about adding a pcie SSD to the system. I have a 240gb ssd (primary) and 120gb ssd and 2 1tb mech drives, a dvdrom drive I do use and a front esata port that goes to my fan controller/sd card reader esata which I might be able to unplug as I don't use it ATM. So if I was to add another ssd or 2 , I have a few questions:

Can I put 2 of them in RAID 0 for a performance boost?

Are they worth it vs SATA?

Are they actually faster than SATA?

What can you recommend?

I would use it to install games to. I use my 240gb (kingston furyx) as my primary , OS, a bunch of games, daily driver apps etc. The 120 ssd I use for games like GTAV and about 3 small games. the mech drives are the rest of my games, music,movies pictures you get the idea..everything else.

Thanks in advance!

yes its faster but unless youre a content creator you will not notice it at all and it will be a waste of money

instead of just throwing more drives at the problem how about being a bit organized and replacing your tiny SSDs/HDDs with larger ones, and moving your data to it?

your SSDs aren't that good in the first place

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yes its faster but unless youre a content creator you will not notice it at all and it will be a waste of money

instead of just throwing more drives at the problem how about being a bit organized and replacing your tiny SSDs/HDDs with larger ones, and moving your data to it?

your SSDs aren't that good in the first place

eh I am happy with the performance of my evo 840 and furyx. I have them in and established and am not looking to replace them until one dies. I am looking to add more drives either by adding a pcie drive, looking for suggestions and info, or maybe even a sata card.

edit: I do edit videos but I use one of the mech drives for storage.