Xeon dp5080 for gaming?

Would two xeon dp5080s be good enough to run games like black ops 3 at medium to low settings? 

I wouldn't use them, they're both only dual core, if you want to game on dual Xeons consider getting Xeon E5450's, they're much better.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I already have access to the xeons with a motherboard for free. I just need to know if they can run it before I pick them up

1 minute ago, msiefring68 said:

I already have access to the xeons with a motherboard for free. I just need to know if they can run it before I pick them up

Well, maybe- I make no promises.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

To be honest, Xeons are technically targeted for servers which have high load and require heavy multitasking. You can try running a game on it as I'm not too sure of the outcome, but the GPU should in theory boost the performance of the gaming experience higher. 

I would give it a try, but you might be better off throwing in an i-series intel cpu such as an i7.

Did I help you with your problem? If so, give my comment a like and even mark it as the solution!

5 hours ago, shayan_doust said:

To be honest, Xeons are technically targeted for servers which have high load and require heavy multitasking. You can try running a game on it as I'm not too sure of the outcome, but the GPU should in theory boost the performance of the gaming experience higher. 

I would give it a try, but you might be better off throwing in an i-series intel cpu such as an i7.

The OP is asking about 8 year old dual core 65nm xeons, recommending even a used nehalem i7 is most likely outside of their budget (not to mention newer i7s provide almost no benefit to an i5 in gaming) and xeons will perform just like any core series cpu at the same speeds, and threads.

To the OP these will most likely be holding you back a lot in gaming as dual cpus doesn't scale completely, and I would definitely see about getting a 53xx/54xx quad core xeon to put in there instead. 

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •