Mobile Site

Mornincupofhate

Trying to scale down my CSS to a mobile aspect, but it's just not working.

So what's the best way of making a mobile site? Media queries? Or should I actually make a whole new site just for mobile?

9 hours ago, BlueX said:

Use framework like bootstrap or materialize and you will get scalable website pretty easily. If you want to do scaling yourself you can use @media rules http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_mediaquery.asp ...

Totally agree. Otherwise you will just waste all of your time trying to achieve more or less the exact same thing. One of the most valuable lessons to be had is: 'don't reinvent the wheel'.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

5 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

Totally agree. Otherwise you will just waste all of your time trying to achieve more or less the exact same thing. One of the most valuable lessons to be had is: 'don't reinvent the wheel'.

But what if you want to know how the wheel works, instead of making use of it you want to understand it.

Would it be better to use Media query's then?

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

Bootstrap and responsive design.  In you CSS use:

@media only screen and (max-width: XXXpx) {}
@media onyl screen and (min-width: XXXpx) {}

to handle additional responsive features.

3 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

But what if you want to know how the wheel works, instead of making use of it you want to understand it.

Would it be better to use Media query's then?

You can look of course but unless it's for a very specific reason then good luck trying to write everything from the ground up each time in production - you will be soundly laughed at before loosing your job...

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.