Asus strix 1070 fan headers?

Go to solution Solved by Cela1,

Don't worry, these fan headers are a new feature that allows you to connect case fans to your graphics card, so you can control it with GPU temps. (Rather than through mobo or fan hub)

I noticed that the strix 1070 has fan headers. Should I worry about compatibility issues with those? or are they not required. (like if they where used for some sort of custom fan settings) Thanks for the help! :D

?!?

what fan headers are you talking about?

the ones for the card's fans?

almost all GPUs have fans...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

?!?

what fan headers are you talking about?

the ones for the card's fans?

almost all GPUs have fans...

Well of course they have fans. :D But my 270x and my 390 didn't have any fan headers on them. The fans just worked with power and the pcie slot. Ive never had to install fan headers for a gpu before. Is it just an nvidia thing?

Don't worry, these fan headers are a new feature that allows you to connect case fans to your graphics card, so you can control it with GPU temps. (Rather than through mobo or fan hub)

1 minute ago, Cela1 said:

Don't worry, these fan headers are a new feature that allows you to connect case fans to your graphics card, so you can control it with GPU temps.

Ahhh, that's actually pretty cool! Thanks for the clarification! :D