BF3 vs BF4 vs BF1? Is BF3 worth buying now?

HectorElFather

Ok, since I dislike Battlefield 1 (the new Battlefield WW1 theme) and the fact that it's gonna cost 70+ euros, I'm not gonna have it any time soon. Maybe in 3 years if I'm still alive and interested in PC gaming.

So I've been playing BF4 for a year. I have 1000 hours and I got so bored I uninstalled it. It became repetitive, dull and awful for me. Also, I really hate the Second Assault maps, especially the Gulf of Oman one. I think they fucked it up. The Gulf of Oman in BF4 looks nothing like the classic BF2 Gulf of Oman (where I had 10 000+ hours when I was a kid - ye I had a lot of time to play cuz I was still in school, I think it was back in 2005) and it disgusts me. It's a different map and they call it Gulf of Oman. Pff.

So I have never played Battlefield 3. I somehow skipped it, for a long time I didn't even know it existed (lol). But recently I started watching gameplay videos, gun reviews, map reviews and I kinda think it's a nice game and the premium edition only costs $20 in total...or 20 euros. I also checked Gulf of Oman and it reminds me of all the fun I had in BF2 there. BF3's Gulf of Oman actually looks like Gulf of Oman not to mention Strike of Karkand is back as well and looks exactly like the original BF2 one but with better graphics.

So if you are a Battlefield fan and you've played BF2, BF3 and BF4 so far, would you recommend buying BF3 now(days)? Considering I won't buy the new BF1 so it's not an option. 

What are the pros/cons of BF3 when compared to BF4? 

(Oh and my opinion on BF1 is that the trailers looked badass but it's just gonna be another BF4 or Hardline with different maps, weapons and spawn system...I may be wrong cuz we only saw the pre-alpha state of the game. It may be early to judge)

Thanks!

Bf3 was free for a while. Also, as for the game. No, don't buy it. Stupid browser game server launcher. It's also a bit of a chaotic game compared to BFBC2.

3 minutes ago, HectorElFather said:

What are the pros/cons of BF4 when compared to BF4? 

I think you meant BF3 first :D , I've played BF3 quite a bit and I love It. Compared to BF4 it has less particles, glitchy plains (particularly with trees), as @Guuhan said the browser iterface is quite annoying but overall, If you like battlefield you'll like this one for sure, if not you didn't lost a lot of money

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

1 minute ago, BbsMentos said:

I think you meant BF3 first :D , I've played BF3 quite a bit and I love It. Compared to BF4 it has less particles, glitchy plains (particularly with trees), as @Guuhan said the browser iterface is quite annoying but overall, If you like battlefield you'll like this one for sure, if not you didn't lost a lot of money

Yeah, my bad I corrected it. Thanks for your opinion. And yes, that's right $20 isn't much, doe.

3 minutes ago, Guuhan said:

Bf3 was free for a while. Also, as for the game. No, don't buy it. Stupid browser game server launcher. It's also a bit of a chaotic game compared to BFBC2.

Yes..I know it was free 2-3 years ago. My friend told me that. Well, uhm.."stupid browser game sever launcher"? BF4 is started from browser as well and I kinda used to like it before it got boring so...

Also, the first bf game I played was bf2 and I never played BFBC's. 

8 minutes ago, HectorElFather said:

Yeah, my bad I corrected it. Thanks for your opinion. And yes, that's right $20 isn't much, doe.

Yes..I know it was free 2-3 years ago. My friend told me that. Well, uhm.."stupid browser game sever launcher"? BF4 is started from browser as well and I kinda used to like it before it got boring so...

Also, the first bf game I played was bf2 and I never played BFBC's. 

lol BF3 is like 5 years old. I doubt it's even supported anymore. BF4 is barely supported and it launched like 3 years ago.

BF1 is the first new battlefield game in 2 years. I would say just save up and buy BF1 on launch.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

16 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

lol BF3 is like 5 years old. I doubt it's even supported anymore. BF4 is barely supported and it launched like 3 years ago.

What does "supported" mean to you? EA has not shut them down. BF3 still has some sort of population, though it may be tricky to find servers for less popular game modes or maps. I dare say it may be in better shape than Hardline at this point.

BF4 is still EA's most active Battlefield game on PC. It is not "barely supported," whatever that means.

I'm only afraid of not finding full maps with common game modes such as Conquest or TDM...I wanna find full Back To Karkand maps and Metro and stuff...by full maps I mean with full of players 32/32 or 48/48 or 64/64 :(

Battlefield 2 is still going strong, and is fully free here: http://www.battlelog.co/    (alternative Bf2 service here: https://www.bf2hub.com)

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

12 minutes ago, HectorElFather said:

I'm only afraid of not finding full maps with common game modes such as Conquest or TDM...I wanna find full Back To Karkand maps and Metro and stuff...by full maps I mean with full of players 32/32 or 48/48 or 64/64 :(

You can look at the BF3 server browser without buying the game. It's possibly the only upside of it being in a browser. :dry:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/

Just set up some sensible filters to hide empty servers and click refresh.

BF3 had alot better map design thats for sure. Also the weapon attachment system wasnt as bloated as it is in BF4, you had your laser sights, heavy barrels etc. but they didnt cram in 4 different suppressors or laser sights for the sake of it like in BF4.

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10

9 hours ago, HectorElFather said:

Battlefield 3 Premium edition is 10€ on G2A.com

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

8 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Battlefield 2 is still going strong, and is fully free here: http://www.battlelog.co/    (alternative Bf2 service here: https://www.bf2hub.com)

Dont forget Project reality and Forgotten Hope 2 Mod, still has very active community and regular updates and events

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I haven't checked in a while but about 6 months ago (when I last played it) I was struggling to find servers with enough players in EU. Most of which were TDM with 48/64 players or something crazy like that. I rarely found classic conquest gamemode servers with enough players. I got it when it was free btw, and only got about 300 hours in before I started getting bored (and at the same time servers started disappearing). I wouldn't recommend buying a dying game especially not with the new one right around the corner. Well, only if you find a copy at $5 or something, it might be worth it at that price. At sales it often gets to 10 euro on Origin, you might want to get it then if you feel you can dispense of 10 euro.