Choosing a video editing laptop

G'day all,

Im looking for a laptop which is capable of editing GoPro footage.

The Laptop needs to be able to:

• edit 1080 -  2.7k footage at high frame rates with premiere pro
  • have an SSD
  • be 13inch
  • Screen resolution is not that important to me.

Im looking at around a $1500 AUD max price range (1200 American)

Currently looking at the zenbook 13 inch touchscreen. But wondering if there is anything better for the extra money.

If you have any recommendations i would love to hear them. 

Thank you

The reasons the MAcbook's are so good is because of Final Cut, it is so well optimised for the specs of the laptop that for the price, in the form factor the Macbook may actually be the best and cheapest way to go - IF you're editing in Final Cut, if not there probably isn't much point. Honestly look at the XPS 15 or New Blade Stealth (linus did a video on it yesterday), it has a 6700HQ in so will be decent, the problem is these are going to be out your budget, but as many of us know, editing isn't a cheap business.

If you can sacrifice the 'premiere pro' bit in your question a retina, 13 inch Macbook Pro is the option - editing, as you probably know is ridiculously intensive, you may need to make a compromise somewhere. 

Ive just done some research on a Macbook as an editing program as i thought it was a complete joke. But Johnathon Morrisons video on the matter was very eye opening. I was totally not aware of the macbooks ability of using final cut, very impressive. Ive been using premiere all my life, might have to look into final cut, as im currently typing this out on a macbook (which does not run premiere well!)

A compromise might have to be made as you said!

Thank you, super helpful. 

http://www.kongcomputers.com/product-detail/gamers/metabox-prime-p640re.aspx

Gaming machine - i7 6700HQ, 8GB DDR4, GTX 970M, 14" 1080p screen. 

Doesn't include a HDD/Windows however, and $50 out of your price range. But you might be able to get a key from Kinguin for $20-30, activate Windows, then install the drivers from the included disk. Looks bulky, but the actual weight is like 2kg.

Keep in mind that the Zenbooks are using ULP (Ultra low power) i5s and i7s. So they're not quite as fast.

idk