RX 480 Hype?

The Realist
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,
3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Do you guys think the RX 480 is going to be like the sources tell its going to be (performance wise) me i dont care i have my HD 7970 which has been holding up i even watercooled it and added a V1 Tech backplate just to show how much i love it! i might get one just have fun with it and compare it to my 7970

For the price and performance, the Hype is very real. However, until we have concrete proof from reviewers like Linus, Pauls Hardware, Jayz2cents etc... its all just speculation. 

Do you guys think the RX 480 is going to be like the sources tell its going to be (performance wise) me i dont care i have my HD 7970 which has been holding up i even watercooled it and added a V1 Tech backplate just to show how much i love it! i might get one just have fun with it and compare it to my 7970

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

3 minutes ago, The Realist said:

For the price and performance, the Hype is very real. However, until we have concrete proof from reviewers like Linus, Pauls Hardware, Jayz2cents etc... its all just speculation. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It's frankly embarrassing. The VR benchmark given to us by AMD is completely ignored, and the warnings from testers saying the RX 480 will not perform to the expected hyped levels is as well.

But in 8 days the hype balloon will pop. And we can get things back to normal.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Its the same with all the other graphics cards hype. It will end up disappointing you, if you hype it to much so low expectations is key ;)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Even if the card performs below a GTX 970, the price will be a compelling factor. 

Lian-li O11-Dynamic | i7-11700K |  MSI Z590 MAG Tomahawk | 64gb Ripjaws 3200MHz | 1tb Nvme SSD + 6tb HDD RAID | Corsair H115i Cooler | EVGA 850BQ PSU | RTX 3080ti TUF | LG C2 65" & Acer Nitro XV340CK Monitor

Spoiler

Getting one. Probably the 8GB model.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, HotDiggityDaffodil said:

Even if the card performs below a GTX 970, the price will be a compelling factor. 

That's the point of the card, that and efficiency. Not performance. And it should completely change how a entry level PC performs and pull more people away from consoles and into PC gaming. That's what's exciting about Polaris, and what's being ignored.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Its the same with all the other graphics cards hype. It will end up disappointing you, if you hype it to much so low expectations is key ;)

Yea but the GTX 1080 Hype was not so big since it was not such a good card to me i mean all i can see they did was switch to a newer architecture added 8gb of VRAM better specs and just clocked the shit out of the card but the RX 480 is a $200 card its VR ready and its performs a little less than the r9 390x which is impressive + just one 6 pin connector i dont really need that powerful of a card since my 7970 suits my needs but for the price it offers allot,but who knows maybe its just a diss.

When life gives you drugs you sell them for a living.

13 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Yea but the GTX 1080 Hype was not so big since it was not such a good card to me i mean all i can see they did was switch to a newer architecture added 8gb of VRAM better specs and just clocked the shit out of the card but the RX 480 is a $200 card its VR ready and its performs a little less than the r9 390x which is impressive + just one 6 pin connector i dont really need that powerful of a card since my 7970 suits my needs but for the price it offers allot,but who knows maybe its just a diss.

The 1080 hype was massive, where were you? :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6