should i buy a better cpu or gpu??? need help!!!

Hi, i have a really big doubt and that is should i upgrade my cpu that is an i3 4160 to an i74790k or my gpu that is an gtx 750ti sc to an gtx 970ti??

What is your motherboard and your power supply ? And 970Ti doesn't even exists ^^

Sorry for Bad English, Baguette here 

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

Depends what you are using the computer for...

and there is no 970ti.

sry, i mean 970 FTW and i have a corsair vs550 watt power supply and my mother board is an asus h81m-k.

you don't need to buy an unlocked chip since your motherboard doesn't support overclocking, I think you would profit more of a GPU upgrade (960 or 970)

STENDHAL: CPU: i5 6600K | MOBO: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Ranger | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz | Case: CM HAF XB | Storage: Kingston UV400 240GB SSD + 750GB WD Blue | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212X | PSU: Corsair RM750X

Or you could wait for the polaris cards incomming

Wait for the AMD RX 480 in 1 week and upgrade your GPU then. The 970/960 are terrible GPUS right now

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

19 minutes ago, ashish jangir said:

Hi, i have a really big doubt and that is should i upgrade my cpu that is an i3 4160 to an i74790k or my gpu that is an gtx 750ti sc to an gtx 970ti??

are you gaming or editing change the gpu to RX and if your gaming change the cpu to i5 4690k unless you got money to spend then go with the 4790k Also You have to check if your motherboard supports overclocking unless you don't want to do any of that. and If your editing then upgrade to 16 gbs of ram

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

I would balance it out, upgrade the CPU for something like an I5 4690k if you want to overclock (there are cheaper I5 quad cores) and upgrade the gpu to something like the AMD RX480 when it is released.  

i'd get a new psu first, corsair vs550 are junk units. after that, gpu first and cpu later.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

not sure about the rx480 because i am a nvidia fanboy!!..

2 minutes ago, l_zheng101 said:

I would balance it out, upgrade the CPU for something like an I5 4690k if you want to overclock (there are cheaper I5 quad cores) and upgrade the gpu to something like the AMD RX480 when it is released.  

he can not overclock with his mobo, pointless to buy an unlocked cpu

which mobo would you suggest to me?? (which is not that expensive)

2 minutes ago, BbsMentos said:

he can not overclock with his mobo, pointless to buy an unlocked cpu

Then I would go for something like a 4430 for 4460 and the RX480 for the GPU. 

If it's just for gaming the gpu upgrade will be MUCH more noticeable. I wouldn't spend money on a new motherboard and cpu when you could spend it on a better graphics card and get a much higher boost. Of course an i3 with a 1080 will struggle a bit, but you can always upgrade the cpu later, and an i3 + 1080 will outperform an i5 + 970.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*