How to improve wifi signal

ichigo66

Many of you should be bored to see ths topic title. But i need some answer for my problem which i cant find in the web. 

I recently bought a new wifi router which is tplink wr940n. I connect it to old adsl+wifi router using LAN for internet. The reason i bought new router is because i want the wifi signal more wider. My old adsl+wifi router is just huawei router with no antenna at all. 

The problem is, when im using wr940n for wifi, the signal is actually worse than my old router. I alreay tried  changing to the best channel but it no use. Can somebody help me solve this problem? 

The simple way that I can think of is to increase the signal strength, and to re-position the router. Maybe change the band that is used, so that you are not interfering with any of the other Wifi's nearby.

There are apps that you can use to help determine the signal strength you are getting. First one off the top of my head is Wifi Analyzer.

Just checking my old router. Its huawei HG532E. My new router is Wr940N 450Mbps version

I already using Wifi anaylzer to check my signak strength. Thats why i know my huawei signal is better than my new tp link. How do you increase signal strength? I already set the TPlink signl to high and still no satisfying result. 

unfortunately, it doesnt have one. If i know this would happen, i should consulting in this forum before buy it.. x_X

On 6/20/2016 at 3:14 AM, ichigo66 said:

I already using Wifi anaylzer to check my signak strength. Thats why i know my huawei signal is better than my new tp link. How do you increase signal strength? I already set the TPlink signl to high and still no satisfying result. 

You probably cant. The only way I know to fiddle around with signal strength on the router is to change the power level it outputs at. The only firmware I have ever seen that allows you to make these adjustments was DDWRT. The issue is, if you set things to high you will burn up the wireless chip set in the router and if you set it to high you could be breaking the law. The FCC is very clear in how much power a router or any wireless transmitter can output. All you can do is adjust the routers location or buy a better router. Maybe I suggest a Wireless AC model. Not sure how well it will work, but in the past I had tin foil sail on my antenna's to direct the signal where I needed it. That might work. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.