Good PSU

No

No, my PC isn't the one in my signature. I just went into microcenter and bought all of these because they were cheaper there

I have this:

Intel i5-6600k

GIGABYTE H170-Gaming 3

EVGA GTX 950

Hyper 212 Evo

NZXT S340

Crucial Ballistix 8GB Ram

Seagate 1tb drive

Which all ended up being around 600 bucks at my Microcenter

So, I was wondering what is a good power supply for less than $85

and where can I get it? All the PSU's are expensive af at mine

The most load I'm going to do is probably the witcher 3

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Why get a K series if you cant overclock

because it was cheaper than the normal one

AND

i can still get a z170

2 minutes ago, No said:

no superflower for america

ill look at the xfx and seasonic tho thx

The Antec I posted above is a Seasonic made unit.

2 minutes ago, No said:

no superflower for america

ill look at the xfx and seasonic tho thx

use this as reference, gotta love the guys at toms hardware.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438054

this one is one of the best PSUs you can get at that price point. used by many and well trusted too. plus its a tier 1 PSU so it has a long warranty (7 years) and will last for many years to come. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Let me ask you something why did you but a GTX 950 if you plan to play the witcher 3 the most you will get is 1080p low/medium settings

My memories of a corpse,mind full of sick thoughts.

30 minutes ago, No said:

No, my PC isn't the one in my signature. I just went into microcenter and bought all of these because they were cheaper there

I have this:

Intel i5-6600k

GIGABYTE H170-Gaming 3

EVGA GTX 950

Hyper 212 Evo

NZXT S340

Seagate 1tb drive

Let me ask you something why did you but a GTX 950 if you plan to play the witcher 3 the most you will get is 1080p low/medium settings also i would reccomend the EVGA Supernova http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=94405&vpn=220-G2-0750-XR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1556 its now $20 off and you will be Future proof

28 minutes ago, No said:

I have this:

Intel i5-6600k

GIGABYTE H170-Gaming 3

EVGA GTX 950

Hyper 212 Evo

NZXT S340

Seagate 1tb drive

A Corsair CX450M would be fine if you needed a cheap PSU for a 950.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

13 minutes ago, Cripple [Crip] said:

Let me ask you something why did you but a GTX 950 if you plan to play the witcher 3 the most you will get is 1080p low/medium settings

I saw videos of it on youtube. High settings with 40-46 fps

2 minutes ago, No said:

I saw videos of it on youtube. High settings with 40-46 fps

Witcher 3 with a GTX 950 on high settings 40-46fps? you watched CultOfMush'es video all thru i would not recommend the GTX 950 since it will only run games that are Nvidia bound and The Witcher 3 IS HEAVILY NVIDIA BOUND so thats why it gets so lucky you should of have just saved more pennies and just waited for the rx 480 all in all i think you made a big mistake

2 minutes ago, Cripple [Crip] said:

Witcher 3 with a GTX 950 on high settings 40-46fps? you watched CultOfMush'es video all thru i would not recommend the GTX 950 since it will only run games that are Nvidia bound and The Witcher 3 IS HEAVILY NVIDIA BOUND so thats why it gets so lucky you should of have just saved more pennies and just waited for the rx 480 all in all i think you made a big mistake

I mean, the witcher 3 is the most demanding game ill play. i dont really do much with my pc anymore but still want to play some games decently

i still think you made a mistake should of have waited for the RX 480 by all the talk i will probs be running witcher 3 ultra 60fps 

5 hours ago, Cripple [Crip] said:

i still think you made a mistake should of have waited for the RX 480 by all the talk i will probs be running witcher 3 ultra 60fps 

well its what the user intends to do with their pc. would you call a content creator stupid if he bought 2 skylake xeons when his workload mainly consists of workstation first then gaming? if witcher 3 is the most intensive game that OP is going to play then theres no reason to get a beefier gpu. well its true that both are similarly price and one is far more superior to the other however, the RX 480 releases on the 29th and will most likely have the prices jacked up and it being out of stock for a while. meaning OP will be stuck with with the iGPU for much longer than she probably wants to. so in this case although it may not be the wisest choice in price to performance wise the instant gaming ability outweighed the wait time for the RX 480 and extra performance that OP could've have gained from the 480. 

4 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

well its what the user intends to do with their pc. would you call a content creator stupid if he bought 2 skylake xeons when his workload mainly consists of workstation first then gaming? if witcher 3 is the most intensive game that OP is going to play then theres no reason to get a beefier gpu. well its true that both are similarly price and one is far more superior to the other however, the RX 480 releases on the 29th and will most likely have the prices jacked up and it being out of stock for a while. meaning OP will be stuck with with the iGPU for much longer than she probably wants to. so in this case although it may not be the wisest choice in price to performance wise the instant gaming ability outweighed the wait time for the RX 480 and extra performance that OP could've have gained from the 480. 

I dont call Him/Her stupid but buying a 950 to play at high settings 1080p to have 40fps? you could of altleast saved money for a r9 380 if you want to insta game

2 hours ago, Cripple [Crip] said:

I dont call Him/Her stupid but buying a 950 to play at high settings 1080p to have 40fps? you could of altleast saved money for a r9 380 if you want to insta game

well i mean witcher isnt going to last forever, the 950 was 100 dollars less and all i really do is play csgo

1 hour ago, No said:

well i mean witcher isnt going to last forever, the 950 was 100 dollars less and all i really do is play csgo

Then thats fine but i really cant enjoy 40fps to be honest