Which headphones should I get for gaming?

Kingslayer Kyle

Hello,

My logitech G930's just broke and I need a new headset asap, I'm from the UK and my budget is £100, Although spending less would obviously be better..

I use my headset for listening to music and mostly gaming, It must be 7.1 surround, very loud and clear audio (I prefer wired headsets btw)

Which are the best headsets that I could get?

Thanks for any help :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | GPU: GTX 1080Ti | Case: Corsair 750D Airflow | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VI | RAM: 16GB Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair AX860

SSD/HDD(s): SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB, SAMSUNG PM830 256GB, SEAGATE 6TB | Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S CB-PLUS

26 minutes ago, kyle_987 said:

Hello,

My logitech G930's just broke and I need a new headset asap, I'm from the UK and my budget is £100, Although spending less would obviously be better..

I use my headset for listening to music and mostly gaming, It must be 7.1 surround, very loud and clear audio (I prefer wired headsets btw)

Which are the best headsets that I could get?

Thanks for any help :)

HyperX Cloud II

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

48 minutes ago, TheHappyJarhead said:

you said headphones then said headset, theres a difference, just remember that buddy.

Thanks for that piece of information, you're a life saver.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | GPU: GTX 1080Ti | Case: Corsair 750D Airflow | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VI | RAM: 16GB Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair AX860

SSD/HDD(s): SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB, SAMSUNG PM830 256GB, SEAGATE 6TB | Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S CB-PLUS

27 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

HyperX Cloud II

17 minutes ago, Abdullatif said:

get the hyper x cloud ll

I'll search them up, thank you for the recommendation :)

3 minutes ago, kyle_987 said:

I'll search them up, thank you for the recommendation :)

yea no problem :) , and you can get razer if you want 7.1 but what i know if i want a very good and cheap gaming headset i will get the hyper x cloud ll

1 minute ago, Abdullatif said:

yea no problem :) , and you can get razer if you want 7.1 but what i know if i want a very good and cheap gaming headset i will get the hyper x cloud ll

I want to try and get the best possible headset for £100 so if there's anything better then I'd prefer to go for the best quality possible. :P

dont get razer, overpriced trash, if you have to have 7.1 then get the clouds, not had them personally but heard good things.

if i was to recommend any gaming headset though, id recommend the sennheiser g4me one, if you can find one for £100, its not 7.1 but its miles better than any of these headsets from razer, you could always use a programme that makes it virtual 7.1

2 minutes ago, TheHappyJarhead said:

dont get razer, overpriced trash, if you have to have 7.1 then get the clouds, not had them personally but heard good things.

Alright then I'll check them out. Thanks :)

All of that 7.1 is bs. First of all it is virtual surround in 99% of all headsets, that mean it is software that does it, not hardware. The few "real" ones are not really real, since the drivers are way to close to each other to really make real surround sound and the drivers are not 100% synced up, it is also shitty small drivers in all of the "real" ones.

Do you need a mic? It is kinda hard to tell since you call it headphones (no mic) and headset (mic).

If you don't need a mic look at the pinned post with headphones or if they need to wireless well look at the sennheiser RS line up.

If you need need a mic well it does not get much better than the clouds when it comes to headsets. For wireless headsets I would recomend none, because they are all shit.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

All of that 7.1 is bs. First of all it is virtual surround in 99% of all headsets, that mean it is software that does it, not hardware. The few "real" ones are not really real, since the drivers are way to close to each other to really make real surround sound and the drivers are not 100% synced up, it is also shitty small drivers in all of the "real" ones.

Do you need a mic? It is kinda hard to tell since you call it headphones (no mic) and headset (mic).

If you don't need a mic look at the pinned post with headphones or if they need to wireless well look at the sennheiser RS line up.

If you need need a mic well it does not get much better than the clouds when it comes to headsets. For wireless headsets I would recomend none, because they are all shit.

I need a mic and I don't like wireless, I'll look at the clouds.. Thanks for the info. :)