Best cpu right now for gaming?

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

You sure?

yes look at the PSU itself. its exactly like the ones i worked with when i was at supermicro 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SALE-NVC7F-D635EF-00-DPS-635AB-A-PSU-for-Dell-Precision-T3600-T5600-635W-Power-Supply/32604368455.html

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

scroll down 

18 hours ago, stconquest said:

This is all I see:

scroll down and look at the images look at the place where the wires are supposed to be and what do you see 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

scroll down and look at the images look at the place where the wires are supposed to be and what do you see 

So there is no bypassing it?  The motherboard won't take power directly into the 24 pin socket/8-pin socket?

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

So there is no bypassing it?  The motherboard won't take power directly into the 24 pin socket/8-pin socket?

youd need the interface adapter card which adapter the card interface into 1 24pin motherboard power 1 8pin for cpu power and 1 8pin for vga power. idk how the sata drives are powered though 

8 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

youd need the interface adapter card which adapter the card interface into 1 24pin motherboard power 1 8pin for cpu power and 1 8pin for vga power. idk how the sata drives are powered though 

That makes no sense.  ATX have native support for 24 pin/8-pin/PCI-E.  You don't need any alternative integration.  Stick connector into motherboard socket... done.

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

That makes no sense.  ATX have native support for 24 pin/8-pin/PCI-E.  You don't need any alternative integration.  Stick connector into motherboard socket... done.

im talking about the psu he has currently 

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

im talking about the psu he has currently 

Yeah, but his current PSU is not an standard ATX.  It needs further integration to power components as it has no cables.

What is to stop you from buying an SFX unit, connecting directly to the components and jamming it in the case?

14 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Yeah, but his current PSU is not an standard ATX.  It needs further integration to power components as it has no cables.

What is to stop you from buying an SFX unit, connecting directly to the components and jamming it in the case?

because before you guys told him to get an ATX unit which wont work. an SFX unit however i have no objections towards 

3 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

because before you guys told him to get an ATX unit which wont work. an SFX unit however i have no objections towards 

With a standard ATX, he can get a good quality unit for much cheaper than a good quality SFX unit would be.

60 euros vs 95

25 minutes ago, stconquest said:

With a standard ATX, he can get a good quality unit for much cheaper than a good quality SFX unit would be.

60 euros vs 95

i know that but with an ATX he'd have to find some way to jam it in there where as with an SFX he can fit it in without much issues 

8 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

you find those on server/workstation PSUs, from what i remember from working at supermicro they are designed so PSUs can be hotplugged in cause one of the redundant PSUs in a server fail. minimizing downtime of the server. thats why im concerned about how getting an ATX PSU wont work on his system. OP can you check and see if that connector in the image i just showed you is connected to anything? 

Can you point out which one of the connectors?

9 hours ago, TwinDenis said:

Can you point out which one of the connectors?

go to page 9 in this thread and scroll down 

18 hours ago, stconquest said:

This is all I see:

gKx5ij5.png

Which means the Motherboard will not be damaged and get stabilized right?

24+8

+8 for vga.

Then there is the issue with if it will fit inside

Lastly we need to know if it is able to provide enough power for all the components (if not extra power).

Generally I need stability from what I understand.

1 hour ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

go to page 9 in this thread and scroll down 

D635EF-00-DELL.jpg

This is my unit, and the one that you are discussing all this time is a power distributor  I think.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-For-Dell-Precision-T3600-T3610-Power-Distribution-Board-Backplane-599RD-0599RD-CN-0599RD-100-Test/32609245613.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.17.MaAP1I

10 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

Yeah, that power distributor should be easily bypassed with a standard PSU.  Make sure though.

23 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

Which means the Motherboard will not be damaged and get stabilized right?

24+8

+8 for vga.

Then there is the issue with if it will fit inside

Lastly we need to know if it is able to provide enough power for all the components (if not extra power).

Generally I need stability from what I understand.

There is the Silverstone SFX 600W unit for 95 euros.  Or you can struggle to make the standard sized XFX unit fit somehow.  Don't worry about the noise of the SFX unit.

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

Yeah, that power distributor should be easily bypassed with a standard PSU.  Make sure though.

There is the Silverstone SFX 600W unit for 95 euros.  Or you can struggle to make the standard sized XFX unit fit somehow.  Don't worry about the noise of the SFX unit.

its 110euros from the stores as a cheapest of them in the list,

So anyway, I guess.

Expensive but looks cool as well.

22 minutes ago, stconquest said:

wait but isnt 600w less than what OP already has at the moment 

4 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

wait but isnt 600w less than what OP already has at the moment 

That is a single rail/buss providing a full 600W to any and all parts (50amps).  His current PSU has multiple rails each providing just over 200W.  His unit is old and I suspect it has even degraded in total output.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256109

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

That is a single rail providing a full 600W to any and all parts (50amps).  His current PSU has multiple rails each providing just over 200W.  His unit is old and I suspect it has even degraded in total output.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817256109

wait so i have a question i have an antec tp 650w psu. it has multiple 12v rails and 2 of them provide 25amps and 2 of them provide 22 amps. would i be able to buy a used 980ti and run it with my PSU? 

45 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

wait so i have a question i have an antec tp 650w psu. it has multiple 12v rails and 2 of them provide 25amps and 2 of them provide 22 amps. would i be able to buy a used 980ti and run it with my PSU? 

multiply the 12 (12v) by the amperes to get the the wattage.  ie:  12x25 or 12x22

300W and 264W respectively.

Sorry, was playing LoL.

1 hour ago, stconquest said:

multiply the 12 (12v) by the amperes to the the wattage.  ie:  12x25 or 12x22

300W and 264W respectively.

So the answer could be yes, possibly depending on the unit he buys.

Anyway, so your point is that manufacturers/stores list the requirements of the power needs of their products incorrectly when attempting to buy them? 

For example an gtx770 requires 750w psu, thats what it says before you buy it, same applies to my gtx980 which has the need of 550-600w, so which one is it?

from my understanding 12v (per rail respectively) x ampers=W of each rail, which means it distributes that much current/charge/wattage to each rail the following

Power Output:
+12VA---18A
+12VB---18A
+12VC---18A
+12VD---18A
+12VE---18A
-12V---0.5A
+5VSB---4.0A

and

Input:

100-240V; 9A
Input Frequency:
50-60Hz    

Power Max=635w, which measures the total power it drains from the wall unit/plug.

Which means the list of the stores for requirements is innacurate.

So every rail is around 216w and gtx980 needs more from what I understand.

Note that my version of gtx980 states this: 

"Recommended system power supply requirement: 600W(with two 8-pin external power connectors)" and "PowerOutput 600w"

So it still has to be 600w+ for stability purposes. You can search for the specifications if you want.

Remember that gigabyte alters the product a bit to meet high standards, proven by the following specs which are from the original version which contradicts the gigabyte one:

Thermal and Power Specs:
98 CMaximum GPU Tempurature (in C)

165 WGraphics Card Power (W)

500 WRecommended System Power (W)**

2x 6-pinsSupplementary Power Connectors

5 minutes ago, TwinDenis said:

So the answer could be yes, possibly depending on the unit he buys.

Anyway, so your point is that manufacturers/stores list the requirements of the power needs of their products incorrectly when attempting to buy them? 

For example an gtx770 requires 750w psu, thats what it says before you buy it, same applies to my gtx980 which has the need of 550-600w, so which one is it?

from my understanding 12v (per rail respectively) x ampers=W of each rail, which means it distributes that much current/charge/wattage to each rail the following

Power Output:
+12VA---18A
+12VB---18A
+12VC---18A
+12VD---18A
+12VE---18A
-12V---0.5A
+5VSB---4.0A

and

Input:

100-240V; 9A
Input Frequency:
50-60Hz    

Power Max=635w, which measures the total power it drains from the wall unit/plug.

Which means the list of the stores for requirements is innacurate.

So every rail is around 216w and gtx980 needs more from what I understand.

Note that my version of gtx980 states this: 

"Recommended system power supply requirement: 600W(with two 8-pin external power connectors)" and "PowerOutput 600w"

So it still has to be 600w+ for stability purposes.

Remember that gigabyte alters the product a bit to meet high standards, proven by the following specs which are from the original version which contradicts the gigabyte one:m GPU Tempurature (in C)

Okay slow down.  You don't ever need to look at the Recommended System Power.  You can note the TDP of the card if you wish but then... 

You go to google and search:  GTX 980, power consumption.  Find tech reviews that show you how much power the card actually draws.  Then make sure your PSU can deliver that power directly to the card plus at least 15%(rough estimate) more.

58 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Okay slow down.  You don't ever need to look at the Recommended System Power.  You can note the TDP of the card if you wish but then... 

You go to google and search:  GTX 980, power consumption.  Find tech reviews that show you how much power the card actually draws.  Then make sure your PSU can deliver that power directly to the card plus at least 15%(rough estimate) more.

Can you calculate it though? I would love to try myself though.

I mean, I google all day the thing is , I dont know what to look for but I guess I am just not sure and if I miss something I might go back to square one by damaging anything.