Five Problems with Modern Video Games...

upliftsleet1974

This is amazing lol

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

This is amazing lol

I know it's comedy, but the first thing was spot on. I'll play an FPS when a friend wants to game, but the amount of recycled pew pew gets p boring.

I'm secretly just as bad playing Pokemon...Haaaaaa :D

To be honest, though...I prefer games where it isn't trying to emulate real life..that's what going outside is for.

Lol first comparison: Halo vs CoD. No wonder this guy hates video games. Top most popular games should not be counted in towards this just like pop music can't be counted towards generalizing "after 2010" music.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Lol first comparison: Halo vs CoD. No wonder this guy hates video games. Top most popular games should not be counted in towards this just like pop music can't be counted towards generalizing "after 2010" music.

I know lol that is why it is funny :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

honestly that felt more like a rant on fps and some rpg game but not in general :/

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It's still funny, though it did seem FPS focused. The same could be said for my favourite gaming company, Nintendo. Zelda games have the basic plot of rescue the princess, but it's how the story is being told that makes it amazing. Mario on the otherhand..I swear if Nintendo makes another NEW SUPER MARIO BROS REHASH.

It's still funny, though it did seem FPS focused. The same could be said for my favourite gaming company, Nintendo. Zelda games have the basic plot of rescue the princess, but it's how the story is being told that makes it amazing. Mario on the otherhand..I swear if Nintendo makes another NEW SUPER MARIO BROS REHASH.

yeah we need a new mario 64 style game 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I disagree with this video. The video is not about "modern video games", it's about "the most popular modern games".

Saying that all modern video games are the same is just stupid and untrue. Is Minecraft the same as Halo 4? Is Game Dev Tycoon the same as The Cave? Is Dragon's Crown the same as Brütal Legend? Is Tomb Rider the same as Hotline Miami? Is Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon the same as Bioshock Infinite? Is Terraria the same as Katawa Shoujo? I could go on but I think you get the point.

Not all games treat you like an idiot. Again, mainstreal games for casuals (like Call of Duty) does because it tries to cater to the mass market. The easier a game is to pick up and learn, the more appealing it will be to non-"hardcore" gamers. Dark Souls does not hold your hand. FTL does not hold your hand. Guns of Icarus Online does not hold your hand. Magica does not hold your hand.

A lot of games do not have realistic graphics. Out of the games I've already mentioned we got Minecraft, Game Dev Tycoon, Hotline Miami, Luigi's Mantion, Terrari, Katawa Shoujo, FTL and Magica, none of which has graphics trying to mimic real life.

The same can be said about his fourth complaint as well... For modern shooters yes, the story usually sucks. Want a fun story? Play something like ToS Skyrim, it has a billion and one stories and most of them are pretty solid. Or if you want back to the 80's kinds of stories then Farcry 3 Blood Dragon has a funny story.

And last but not least, they can be challenging. A few of the games I have mentioned already (Dark Souls and FTL for examples) can be very challenging. Someone not many people realize though is that old games used to be challenging in order to last longer. Games had to be very, very short to fit on the very limited space on cartridges so in order for the game to last several days/weeks they had to make them really hard.

A ROM of Super Mario 3 is only ~250KB big. That's not even enough to save a single texture in some of the more modern games.

Want a game where you have to think? Try a strategy game and turn the difficulty up. Or maybe a puzzle game like the Portal or Quantum Conundrum.

Want a really hard game then try the ones I mentioned above, or Super Meat Boy, or some of the other hundreds of new games that are really hard.

TL;DR: That video should be renamed "modern shooters for casual" instead of "modern games"

-10000 from me

What?

Words can't describe how much I hate this guy in the video its obvious that he has no place on youtube if all he can think of it to accentuate every little last word just like everyone else but this guy does it badly and awkwardly. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Words can't describe how much I hate this guy in the video its obvious that he has no place on youtube if all he can think of it to accentuate every little last word just like everyone else but this guy does it badly and awkwardly. 

I would not talk they have a lot of subs...And a lot of very good fans lol

I would not talk they have a lot of subs...And a lot of very good fans lol

all i'm saying is that he is stupid 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

all i'm saying is that he is stupid 

I do not think so....You can not base that on one or two YouTube videos...