Sony Batteries for LED Light Panel?

So im planning to get this light panel kit:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-Ultra-Thin-NWPad-22-Panasonic-Camcorders/dp/B012FACHLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466098946&sr=8-1&keywords=neewer+ultra+thin+stand

And it says its supports NP-F, NP-FM, NP-FH... From what i have found NP-FH is the latest...

I found out that i have all 3 types laying around the house, but only have a charger for NP-M (Sony A100 DSLR).

Judging by prices online, NP-FH is the most popular and cheapest option.

But from what ive found, all the chargers output at 12v, where the battery is 7.2 or 7.4v..

Can anyone help me decide on which charger and battery combo to get? I want fastest possible charging with best possible battery life, at a decent price.

These are the three ones i have found so far

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Battery-Charger-for-Sony-NP-FH30-NP-FH40-NP-FH50-NP-FH60-NPFH-H-Series-/191748839083?hash=item2ca51f16ab:g:9mcAAOSwNphWWrNm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-2A-NP-FH100-Battery-Charger-for-Sony-NP-FH30-NP-FH40-NP-FH50-NP-FH60-NP-FH70-/191746059637?hash=item2ca4f4ad75:g:OXEAAOSw7FRWbkjc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Battery-UK-Charger-For-Sony-NP-FH40-NP-FH60-NP-FH70-NP-FH90-NP-FH100-UK-/261704192306?hash=item3ceec91132:g:FgoAAOSw2s1UvHyg

Thanks

Gershy13

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x + H150i Elite LCD     

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3600MHz CL16

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro

GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC       

SSD 1: Corsair MP600 1tb (Windows)      

SSD 2: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb (Scratch Drive)   

SSD 3: Samsung 860 EVO 250gb

HDD 1: WD Blue 1TB

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Case: NZXT H710

PSU: Corsair TX750M

Mouse: Lamzu Atlantis Pro Mini 4khz

Keyboard: Akko 5075B Plus

1 hour ago, Gershy13 said:

But from what ive found, all the chargers output at 12v, where the battery is 7.2 or 7.4v..

Some of the descriptions on eBay can be misleading, however all three should be OK.  I wouldn't use the eBay chargers with authentic Sony batteries though, it's a risk I wouldn't take.

Otherwise you can always buy from B&H or Adorama if you are in the US or CVP in the UK, they sell lower priced third party Sony NP battery compatible batteries and chargers.  At least from those places you know you should be getting something reliable.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Some of the descriptions on eBay can be misleading, however all three should be OK.  I wouldn't use the eBay chargers with authentic Sony batteries though, it's a risk I wouldn't take.

Otherwise you can always buy from B&H or Adorama if you are in the US or CVP in the UK, they sell lower priced third party Sony NP battery compatible batteries and chargers.  At least from those places you know you should be getting something reliable.

well their batteries are well expensive! But i think ill be mostly using the fake 3rd party ones on ebay... Are there any good chargers that arent too expensive that you can recommend? I have a offical sony np-fh30 or 50 which i can use... but what charger can i use for that...

2 hours ago, Gershy13 said:

I want fastest possible charging with best possible battery life, at a decent price.

Sony batteries (or Sony style batteries) have a recharge time based on their capacity.  The higher the capacity the longer they can power your gear, but also the longer they will take to charge.

I have a couple of Sony BP-U90 batteries, the highest capacity Sony makes for my video camera.  They are estimated (according to the product description) to provide about three hours of battery power to my camera (if I am using a servo zoom lens, recording 4K60p, using the viewfinder)... in reality I am getting about five-six hours out of each battery.

The battery takes over two hours to recharge to full capacity.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/850237-REG/Sony_BP_U90_BPU90_Rechargeable_85Wh_Lithium_Ion.html

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

13 minutes ago, Gershy13 said:

well their batteries are well expensive! But i think ill be mostly using the fake 3rd party ones on ebay... Are there any good chargers that arent too expensive that you can recommend? I have a offical sony np-fh30 or 50 which i can use... but what charger can i use for that...

That's why I said look on B&H, Adorama or CVP.  They also sell clones of Sony batteries and chargers.  Additionally, if something goes wrong at least those stores will offer you a better warranty than eBay sellers from China.

If you buy the ones from eBay, use the eBay batteries and chargers.  There's no ideal way to say which one is better than another brand on eBay.  They are all clones of official Sony products.

Another thing you can use: AA battery adapter for Sony NP-F style batteries.

1 hour ago, ALwin said:

That's why I said look on B&H, Adorama or CVP.  They also sell clones of Sony batteries and chargers.  Additionally, if something goes wrong at least those stores will offer you a better warranty than eBay sellers from China.

If you buy the ones from eBay, use the eBay batteries and chargers.  There's no ideal way to say which one is better than another brand on eBay.  They are all clones of official Sony products.

Another thing you can use: AA battery adapter for Sony NP-F style batteries.

ok thanks... Im from the UK, so CVP is what i will use... i think i will go for the ebay batteries and charger... i can get 2 big batteries and a charger for a good price...

Now i just have to decide whether to go with NP-F, NP-FH, or NP-FM... any tips?

I dont want to use AA because then i have to keep buying them and switching them out...

Also, do you know of any way to power those lights with AC? Is there a dummy battery or something i can use?

Thanks

Gershy13

11 hours ago, Gershy13 said:

SNIP

You said it takes NP-FH 50?

Dude get this  -2 batteries and charger for NP-FH 50 - I use this daily even with my official sony batteries, and I now have 4 of these batteries

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NP-FW50-Rechargeable-SLT-A55V-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX10/dp/B00HEXTEOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466151332&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+a7+battery

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

21 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

You said it takes NP-FH 50?

Dude get this  -2 batteries and charger for NP-FH 50 - I use this daily even with my official sony batteries, and I now have 4 of these batteries

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NP-FW50-Rechargeable-SLT-A55V-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX10/dp/B00HEXTEOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466151332&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+a7+battery

Look at his lights, the connection points on the lights do not seem to take your kind of battery.

50 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Look at his lights, the connection points on the lights do not seem to take your kind of battery.

Yeah they dont take np-fw... only np-f, np-fh, np-fm.... and I found a charger on eBay that Is a quick charger LCD one... it's what TheFrugalFlimmaker suggested...