Need feedback on new build/builder

Who and why:

I'm a new PC builder who's been following LTT for a couple years now and is in need of a new computer. I've had a couple laptops and a desktop back in 2002 but need a thing to really call my own that can handle college work (going on an engineering path), regular web browsing and the like plus some gaming sessions mixed in between.

Limitations:

I'd like to build a low profile computer to stand in a shelf about 1 meter (roughly 3 feet) from my desk with a power outlet really close by. Have my eye set on an mATX form factor and would like to work/game in 1080p. Budget should, ideally, be no higher than 800€ (or about 900 US $). Overclocking isn't sth i'm really planning on but if you see a small increase could be done, please point it out.

Parts:

Case: Silverstone GD04 or GD09 (was also looking at the Fractal Design Node 605 / Node 202 but, even though they're better looking than the Silverstone ones, availability is a bitch where I live);

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M S2H;

CPU: Intel i5 6500 3.2 GHz;

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH L9i;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2133MHz DDR4 2x8GB;

GPU: ASUS GTX 960 STRIX 4GB / RX 470 (waiting for availabily and release dates for the Polaris architecture later this month so i'm not set on GPU yet);

Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + maybe an Adata 120 GB SSD, not sure here;

Power Supply: EVGA 500B (500W and 80+ Bronze);

OS: Windows 10 (Paul's Hardware posted a video a while back on how Kinguin has legit copies for about 25€);

Peripherals: sth cheap at first, giving me time to upgrade in the future.

Would love some feedback from you guys since where i live (Portugal), this amounts to roughly 780€ and i'l love to cut back somewhere. If you guys see that it can be done, please say so. Also, any ideas on a 1080p monitor that's worth it and, preferably, costs less than 100€ (roughly 110 US $)?

Something that's worth mentioning is that I'm not on a tight schedule and will probably start gathering parts late August / early September.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Switch to the Haswell series instead of skylake, this will switch you to DDR3 - so the CPU and RAM should come down some in price. You won't see a large gain by using skylake or DDR4. At least not $ per performance.

Depending on your use for AutoCAD different parts will affect your experience. CPU for computational (think structural testing / load bearing calcs) and then pretty much GPU for everything else. AutoCAD modules can eat up a lot of RAM, so if your budget allows I'd try to be at 16gb or more. You can certainly run it with your choices, just might run a little slower than you expect. An SSD might compensate a little for lower RAM since it will spill over to virtual memory.

cooler: noctua. if they cost the same, always noctua. you not only get a good cooler, you also get the great fan.

ram: get the cheapest DDR4-2133. the CL shouldn't be high. 16GB total. fancy heat spreaders are just looks.

gpu: wait a month for RX480. had the 960strix and it's very good @ 1080p but 480 should rek it hardcore (even in single-monitor applications). until then, use the iGPU of the 6500. they are surprisingly good nowadays.
hdd: first comes the ssd. MX200 or 850EVO. 256GB should do for OS and programs. the blue WDs are fine but getting a hdd first and having your OS on that will diminish the quality of your experience. it will be the big smelly bottleneck.
remember: only using about half to 2/3 of an SSD is what keeps it very fast.
OS: Win10 is gud but use "O&O shutup", "Windows 10 tracking disable tool" and a portable version of "spybot anti-beacon" to turn "Spyware 10" into legit "Windows 10". Also, fuck Cortana. It's like with Siri. You use it once to try it. Then once to laugh. Then once to find something out (which results in cringe and disappointment because cortana uses bing). And from then on, you forget about that useless box that takes up what, 50x400 pixels on your screen?
Then for security use "TinyWall". Turns the Windows firewall into something useful (you whitelist programs which you grant access to the internetz). Adding an antivirus (Kaspersky is gud) might not be a bad idea but that's up to you.

2600k, HD6870, 16GB

13 hours ago, Mikensan said:

Switch to the Haswell series instead of skylake, this will switch you to DDR3 - so the CPU and RAM should come down some in price. You won't see a large gain by using skylake or DDR4. At least not $ per performance.

Any tips on a good haswell replacement for the 6500?

13 hours ago, krass76 said:

cooler: noctua. if they cost the same, always noctua. you not only get a good cooler, you also get the great fan.

8 minutes ago, Flashlight18 said:

I was thinking about getting the noctua one, yeah.

And SSDs I'll probably get one too, yes. Sounds like seen that would make it shaky and enjoyable.

You don't happen to have experience building in any of the cases i mentioned above, do you? Cause if like to know if they're hassle free (though since they are low profile I wouldn't imagine it to be so)

4 hours ago, Flashlight18 said:

Just using Newegg as a reference, switching from 6500 to the 4430, and ddr4 to ddr3, it's overall only about $30 difference. So it looks like prices have come down quite a bit, I should really stay in touch with prices lol.

$47 16gb  (ddr3)

$54 16gb (ddr4)

On 15/06/2016 at 9:01 PM, Mikensan said:

So it looks like prices have come down quite a bit, I should really stay in touch with prices lol.

Yeah, i did some diggin and i found out that the prices here on the other side of the pond are all over the place.

A 4590, 4570, 4430, are more expensive than a 6500 where i live and only the 4460 is less expensive, but by only 20$. From what i've gathered, it seems tech stores want people to get Skylake xD (motherboards for LGA 1150 and 1151 are roughly the same price and so are DDR3/4 dims. So i really dont see a reason not to go Skylake.

But i'm gonna wait until AMD releases more info on Polaris GPUs.

Thanks everyone!