Power On acting weird

So i had to move my desktop lately, since then the power is acting weird:

Pressing the case power/reset button does not start the PC (motherboard does have power however). When I cut the main power and give power again, the pc powers up and boots normally (without me pressing a button). After the pc initially started the start and reset button work fine. It might have something to do with a capacitor discharging, but I don't know where. Any suggestions or ideas how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!

Is your pc grounded? Depending on where you live it's a green/yellow wire, if you live with your parents you can ask them maybe they know about it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

7 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Is your pc grounded? Depending on where you live it's a green/yellow wire, if you live with your parents you can ask them maybe they know about it.

Yes, I think my pc is grounded. The front panel is grounded at the case (wire intact) and my PSU (antec cp-850) has a C13 cable . I don't live with my parents anymore though ;)

Do a power cycle. Cut the power and press the power on button several times to discharge the pc completely and then power on ur psu and see what happen. Also, you can remove the connector to the button from the mobo and use a screw driver to short the two power pins to see if tats working. If tat works then there something wrong with the button itself i think.

So i tried to power it on again and the pc went into a cycle of powering on and off rapidly... This really seems to have something to do with grounding... Any Idea how to go about finding the source for this?