HELP!!!!

Ramvens

Hello everyone

My laptop is starting to blue screen, after some time it has been started up. It is not because overheating , or because I start an intensive program. It blue screen to programs such as Word and chrome. It is my work laptop so no games on it. Any ideas on what it can be.

Spec.

Asus K53BY

OS is win 8

More information can be found at this link http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53BY/ # download

How do you know it's not because of over heating? Have you cleared off any visible dust around the fan vents?

well from what i know blue screens is a windows os error, so in order for it to blue screen the os has to either find or generate a OS error, that brings it down to either the hard drive has some bad sectors so when you run a program that requires readings of the those bad sectors it errors and blue screens, or maybe its the ram that is going bad enough that it cant error correct the problem on the fly, both could cause blue screens. I'd suggest that you see if where you bought it from can do anything.

Hope that helps, not really a lot you can do besides start replacing hardware.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Blue screens can be caused by a variety of reasons, so we can't really narrow it down to anything specific yet. When you BSOD, what's the code that is on your screen?

Blue screens can be caused by software (drivers, os etc) and hardware issues (GPU, CPU, RAM, mobo, HDD etc..) so literally anything could be at fault.

What I recommend is that you take it back to the store where you bought it if it still has warranty.

If your warranty has expired the only way to troubleshoot is to isolate components.. Which is of course much easier in a desktop than in a laptop.

I'd probably start by wiping the HDD and reinstalling the OS. If the problem persists, try a different HDD and/or RAM. If the problem still persists, you'll probably have a very hard time getting it fixed..

Also, you gotta love the completely useless and childish BSOD screen Windows 8 gives.

windows-8-blue-screen-of-death-offical.png

Little stuff like this make me hate W8 so much.. How am I supposed to take this serious?

it may be the SSD or the HDD (sorry man, is a big one)

i recomend take that to ASUS to they fix it (they will do it)

• AMD 7850 - 2GB GDDR5 256bits
  • gBANDWIDTH = 170.2 GB/s
  • gSHADERS = 1024 unified
  • gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)
  • gPIXELfillrate = 33.6 GP/s
  • gTEXTUREfillrate = 67.2 GT/s

I haven't seen bluescreen caused by software in long time. So I'd say it's hardware problem. Since you are running win8 it's most likely manufacturing error. Mine had three big ones when it came, all resulting blue screens. If you see any pixeling on screen before or after BSOD, then it's gpu thats causing it. If it's more random then it's either MB or RAM. Try running something like memtest to be sure or just contact retailer and send it back (if warranty is good).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

hey all it says it is a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION what to do??

ith short visit to Google I got few points. This suggests that there's some driver or program causing that bsod. I checked few other links and some say it may be caused by antivir, most likely Avira. If you have installed any new software or drivers, try removing them and reinstall one by one to determinate which of them is causing it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Why don't you do a system restore as far back as you can go and see if it still happens? This way you can find out quickly if it is hardware or software then you can just revert to the newer restore point or keep it at the old one.

Well I have not install something on the Pc in a long time, last thing i did were upgrade my Word from 2010 to 2013 and i do not think Word make it BSOD

System restore then, you lose nothing by trying it.

Blue screens can be caused by software (drivers, os etc) and hardware issues (GPU, CPU, RAM, mobo, HDD etc..) so literally anything could be at fault.

What I recommend is that you take it back to the store where you bought it if it still has warranty.

If your warranty has expired the only way to troubleshoot is to isolate components.. Which is of course much easier in a desktop than in a laptop.

I'd probably start by wiping the HDD and reinstalling the OS. If the problem persists, try a different HDD and/or RAM. If the problem still persists, you'll probably have a very hard time getting it fixed..

Also, you gotta love the completely useless and childish BSOD screen Windows 8 gives.

windows-8-blue-screen-of-death-offical.png

Little stuff like this make me hate W8 so much.. How am I supposed to take this serious?

¿is this the new blue screen of Windows 8? :)

• gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)

go to geek squad if in us and have them run diagnostics we cant run diagnostics from our computers

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

sadly i do not have more warranty left. So i think i would try some new ram, If it does not help, i would find another laptop.

if you dont have the warranty, then you are in troubles

to do a good answer, we ned all dates that can give us

(model of mother or laptop - CPU - GPU - RAM - OS)

in the bad news, i have some similar problems

and after all my tests, it whas the HDD of my netbook

change a HDD o SSD in a lap/note/net-book is complicated

i se the web now, i am checking

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53BY/#specifications

• gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)

if you dont have the warranty, then you are in troubles

to do a good answer, we ned all dates that can give us

(model of mother or laptop - CPU - GPU - RAM - OS)

in the bad news, i have some similar problems

and after all my tests, it whas the HDD of my netbook

change a HDD o SSD in a lap/note/net-book is complicated

i se the web now, i am checking

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/K53BY/#specifications

has far has i know, change the HDD in that model can be easy

(it have a easy way to reach it, is good news)

1s do all the test to make sure that is the HDD

then do a final test wipe all and instal a new SO

(if problems is still there, it is the HDD)

final, buy a new HDD or SSD, change it, reinstal the W8

(all this after do all that ppl here tell you, this is a final way to say so)

• gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)

It seems to be a os problem you can reboot it or simple using norton ghost u can repair ur os withoout loosing any of the content or simply u can repair ur os