Node 202 included 450W powersupply

DebatED Nothing

Is the power supply included in the Node 202 by Fractal design good? Will it suffice for an approximately 320 W build in that case?

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

fractal design uses reputable psu brands so your fine. But they are about the only ones that offer a psu included that is not garbage. a few others that make quality psu that may come with the cases are evga and in win but those are the only ones i can think of 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

46 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's of relatively good quality, so it'll more than suffice.

The two exceptions to good case PSUs are the Fractal Node 202 and the EVGA Hadron.

I'll use it then, seeing as I imagine their PSU comes with cables of appropriate length for the case etc.

40 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

fractal design uses reputable psu brands so your fine. But they are about the only ones that offer a psu included that is not garbage. a few others that make quality psu that may come with the cases are evga and in win but those are the only ones i can think of 

Thanks for the advice, but don't entirely dismiss shitty "included in case" psus, they can be good for tinkering and stuff (I use one I got on Amazon for £15 to test brushless RC motors because they draw a lot of current)

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

2 hours ago, DebatED Nothing said:

I'll use it then, seeing as I imagine their PSU comes with cables of appropriate length for the case etc.

Thanks for the advice, but don't entirely dismiss shitty "included in case" psus, they can be good for tinkering and stuff (I use one I got on Amazon for £15 to test brushless RC motors because they draw a lot of current)

2 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's of relatively good quality, so it'll more than suffice.

The two exceptions to good case PSUs are the Fractal Node 202 and the EVGA Hadron.

We've already had two forum members (that I know of) and Paul iAmApropos that have had their Node 202 450W power supplies die on them. I would expect it to do so as the case that has an included PSU doesn't cost much more meaning it's a cheap unit. I'd get the Corsair SF450 which is an amazing little unit.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

We've already had two forum members (that I know of) and Paul iAmApropos that have had their Node 202 450W power supplies die on them. I would expect it to do so as the case that has an included PSU doesn't cost much more meaning it's a cheap unit. I'd get the Corsair SF450 which is an amazing little unit.

rip

What kind of system were they powering?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

20 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

rip

What kind of system were they powering?

I don't remember all but Paul iAmApropos was powering a 970 and an i7 iirc

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||