i5 to i7

Go to solution Solved by Vortez,

There is no big difference between i5 and i7.

hello guys,

i would like to upgrade my i5 4670K to any version of i7 for gaming and i really like to upgrade i heard that my i5 version is too old and i wanted to upgrade my pc so i said why not just upgrade to i7. so guys what version do you recommend me to upgrade i don't have a budget right now but i know i won't pay more than 300 or maybe less.

There's really no need to upgrade your i5 4670K, it's a perfectly capable CPU for gaming. You don't need the hyperthreading of the i7.

If anything, invest that money into a beefier GPU.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

28 minutes ago, Abdullatif said:

hello guys,

i would like to upgrade my i5 4670K to any version of i7 for gaming and i really like to upgrade i heard that my i5 version is too old and i wanted to upgrade my pc so i said why not just upgrade to i7. so guys what version do you recommend me to upgrade i don't have a budget right now but i know i won't pay more than 300 or maybe less.

Your i5 4670k is perfectly fine for gaming and the i7 is basically an i5 that is hyperthreaded and clocked higher and is not really worth the hassle of going to Hawally. You really don't want to go there , do you ;)? If you really want an upgrade , then go with the X99 platform but it's going to cost more. Maybe get a new GPU? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

yea i will get the 970 i'm thinking about 780ti too but i don't know if i will get a new i7 or not

9 minutes ago, Abdullatif said:

yea i will get the 970 i'm thinking about 780ti too but i don't know if i will get a new i7 or not

For a gaming rig, you don't need it. Put the money towards a 480 or 1070.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

I seriously just upgraded my mate from an i5-6600k to i7-6700k, and at stock settings, the highest he's pushed his CPU was to 60%. It's really not worth the upgrade unless you can get it for free, which was the case of my friend.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 hours ago, Abdullatif said:

i heard that my i5 version is too old and i wanted to upgrade my pc so i said why not just upgrade to i7.

It's not. It's only a few years old. It's still within 90% or so of the fastest quad-cores available today.

An i7 from the same generation (and it would have to be same generation in order to re-use your motherboard and RAM) is virtually identical aside from Hyperthreading. It might be worthwhile if you do a ton of video editing or other compute-heavy productivity work, but otherwise you're not going to notice much difference for your ~$300.

yea i have just watched some videos and i don't see any diffrence only for rendering and photoshop i don't care about them :D , anyway guys thanks for helping me i really appreciate it :)