Rumor/leak: AMD showing off Zen processor running Doom at E3

Trixanity

Okay, someone on Reddit got this off a Balkan AMD Facebook page where they said this (with awful Google translate below it): 

Želite videti kako AMD Zen procesor tera DOOM?! Onda nemojte propustiti večerasšnju konferenciju na E3, koju organizujemo u saradnji sa PC Gamerom!

Want to see how AMD processor makes DOOM Zen ?! Then do not miss večerasšnju conference at E3 , organized in cooperation with PC Gamer !

Want to see how the AMD Zen processor runs DOOM? Then do not miss tonight's conference at E3 that we are organizing with PC Gamer! (translation courtesy of @kmanchine)

So maybe they're showing off a Zen + Polaris setup at E3. What will be interesting is how much we'll actually see besides just showing a Zen CPU running an actual game. Will we see a CPU-Z (or similar) spec sheet? Will we see core count, clock speed etc? FPS numbers? 

Probably only FPS at best. I don't think AMD will go public with the rest this early.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4nv19v/amd_showcasing_zen_cpu_running_doom_today_on_pc/

Just as I'm about to hit submit. It seems that the Facebook post linked has been taken down. So make of that what you will. Probably that an overly eager employee leaked the info early.

If AMD is actually gonna show off the first game Zen will be running at E3, then they're really stupid. I mean, E3 is really only for video games and consoles. There are gonna be A LOT more console peasants there than PC guys. They should've done it at Computex if possible. We will however obviously see videos of the CPU with the new Zen architecture running the game, but I still very highly disagree with AMD's decision of showing off Zen at E3 IF this is actually true.

want to see how zen amd processor runs doom? then do not miss tonight's conference that we are organizing  with pc gamer is correct translation if you wish to put it 

(Not a good translation. Use the @kmanchine's one)

It'll probably be a good demo. I can't wait to see Zen running Doom! 

I'm curious if they will run as an APU or with a dGPU.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Well this is some pretty exciting news :D. The first truly decent AMD build in a long while ^.^

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave...

Foxy(Main Rig): CPU: i7 4790k GPU: 2x Reference GTX 980's RAM: HyperX 4x4GB 

PSU: Corsair CX 750W Mobo: ASUS Z97-A Pro Case: Bitfenix Shinobi (Black & Gold)

17 minutes ago, Pardeep01 said:

If AMD is actually gonna show off the first game Zen will be running at E3, then they're really stupid. I mean, E3 is really only for video games and consoles. There are gonna be A LOT more console peasants there than PC guys. They should've done it at Computex if possible. We will however obviously see videos of the CPU with the new Zen architecture running the game, but I still very highly disagree with AMD's decision of showing off Zen at E3 IF this is actually true.

Not really. It won't be a Zen reveal as such, so it won't be a wasted venue.

It will merely show it running a game and saying "hey, it's exists! And it works!". Probably also showing FPS numbers although it won't say much if we assume Doom is GPU-bound.

From what I can understand the Computex crowd was pretty... tame. So there will probably be a bit more excitement considering this is a PC Gamer event meaning no peasants attending. 

16 minutes ago, kmanchine said:

want to see how zen amd processor runs doom? then do not miss tonight's conference that we are organizing  with pc gamer is correct translation if you wish to put it 

Thanks a lot! I've included it in the OP and cleaned it up a bit. Google translate is awful but it was the best I could do :)

7 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

(Not a good translation. Use the @kmanchine's one)

It'll probably be a good demo. I can't wait to see Zen running Doom! 

I'm curious if they will run as an APU or with a dGPU.

Yup, the translation was awful but that's what you can expect from Google Translate. 

If Zen will be shown off, it will be with a dGPU. The Zen APUs aren't ready yet, so what we'll see will most likely be an 8c/16t processor.

2 hours ago, M4st4M1nd said:

Well this is some pretty exciting news :D. The first truly decent AMD build in a long while ^.^

Full AMD*

AMD graphics cards tend to be good (The 300 series beat their counterparts (the 900 series))

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 hours ago, Pardeep01 said:

http://www.pcgamingshow.com/

12 hours ago, Pardeep01 said:

-snip-

you do realize that E3 is not a "console" expo?

Microsoft, Bethesda, EA all make MASSIVE amounts of computer games. Just attending AMDs own press conference is

Square Enix (Tomb Raider 2013, Rise of the Tomb Raider),

Bohemia (Arma 3, PC only),

Wild Card (Ark: Survival Evolved),

Nexon (never EVER made a console title. Most known for Mabinogi and Vindictus),

Tale Worlds (Mount and Blade. PC only)

Relic (known for Company of Heroes. PC only)

You do realize that the "uneducated" only care for BRAND NAMES.

So if you can ESTABLISH A BRAND NAME AS A SYNONYM FOR PERFORMANCE. THEN PEOPLE WILL LOOK FOR SAID BRAND NAME IN THEIR NEXT COMPUTER.

12 hours ago, Prysin said:

-snip-

I never said that E3 was only for console peasants, I said most of the people attending the expo are console peasants. I still think that showing Zen off at Computex or CES would've been better for their own sake. Just my opinion.

God Vampyr was stuttering like mad.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

3 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

God Vampyr was stuttering like mad.

Pre-alpha

Well, I can confirm that translate is correct, I'm from Balkan so I understand what was posted there.
Was something, CPU was running, means it's not far yet nearing. So that's good.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |