Monitor for GTX 1070

MasonK

So I decided to build a PC for gaming and everyday productivity that's graphics card is a 1070. I want two monitors that are good for both gaming and everyday productivity for under $600. I found two monitors that look good for my needs, but want to make sure there is nothing else better out there for my needs before I buy them.

Here is my parts list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/PjFK8K

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

I use that monitor, really nice. Do both really need to be 144hz though?

I'd rather get two of the same monitors. I hate when there are two different monitors side by side (personal preference) xD

Thanks for the info!

Is it disorienting or weird on the eyes when using the monitors for daily productivity?

As is always asked, do you play fast shooters or adventure type games, first would actually make use of the 144hz, second would not and youre better off with a 1440p monitor

Also I do not think having two 144hz is a good regardless of preference, just save the money on the screen and grab a nicer SSD or something.

48 minutes ago, roughavoc said:

As is always asked, do you play fast shooters or adventure type games, first would actually make use of the 144hz, second would not and youre better off with a 1440p monitor

Also I do not think having two 144hz is a good regardless of preference, just save the money on the screen and grab a nicer SSD or something.

I play more adventures games/single player games than anything, seeing the only shooter I play is destiny and Halo. Considering my card is meant 1440p any good suggestions?

Edit: I also play a lot of mobas on top of single player games but really not FPS on PC that I can think of.

Edited by MasonK

With that information you won't see much use for a 144hz screen, unless you like to play a medium settings to get that sorta FPS anyway.

As for monitors, the only ones I know of that are good are 500 on amazon ca and I dont know of any retailers as I dont live in Canada. But I would stick to looking for a solid 1440p screen.

15 hours ago, MasonK said:

I'd rather get two of the same monitors. I hate when there are two different monitors side by side (personal preference) xD

Thanks for the info!

Is it disorienting or weird on the eyes when using the monitors for daily productivity?

No, I'd say the opposite. Even noticing the small things like the mouse cursor moving more fluidly makes for a more enjoyable experience for me.

Thanks! I will look at some 1440p monitors.

What I may just do is buy a monitor under 600 dollars that is 1440p then once I get more money get a second. Any suggestions?

I think I'l just stick with the original monitors seeing I can't find any 1440p monitors for a good price and will just upgrade in the future when I save up more money.