The Division player count drops 93% since launch

2 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

This sums Dark Souls pretty well even though it's Zero Punctuation :

I quite like his summations. He's blunt, and accurate I find.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

I quite like his summations. He's blunt, and accurate I find.

So do I. Yahtzee does a really good job at what he does. It's just that not many people look up a Zero Punctuation video when they are wondering if they should buy a game.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

People burn through content, either cause of lack of it or it's easy. Catering to casuals or lack of content. Simple how an MMO can lose players.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, larsi239 said:

And then there is this: Only 11% positive reviews lately...

divi.PNG

Wasn't hackers a huge problem as well?

The Division has a very nice story/idea and super graphics, but there are 3 major issues with it:

1. The smallest of the two is the story. Too many characters that seems like caricatures saying dumb stuff and being lame. No one are like that ever.
  2. Nothing you do in building your base of operations actually seems to make any difference in the city. Like getting power on or water running. You cannot see/experience it making any difference. It all just seems pointless.
  3. The biggest: The actual gameplay is the wrong type for this game. It's a looter shooter like Borderlands. It means you will find a billion weapons, they mostly all suck, and you have to shoot enemies 500 times in the head if they are high level. Because of that realism simply isn't a thing. You constantly scramble for better weapons, and skill becomes irrelevant, because your outcome is 90% gear. Looter shooter is the worst game type to play multiplayer in, because you are never on even terms, and you can only win if you have the better gear. That means going on endless grinds for the next shitty weapon.

In the original E3 demo, we saw the player finding an awesome gun. It was in a case, you saw him pick it up, it looked amazing. Then they changed the game to a looter shooter, where there's a billion weapons that all suck. Sigh.

There really isn't anything for players to return to. Because of the gear problem, PvP simply isn't fun. It's boring, stressful and annoying. There's no fulfilment to it at all. The rogue system is broken af and should outright be removed. What a waste.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Cheaters are still a problem, with the only difference that they are now perma-banning on first offense. I get why people, including me, were hyped about the game, but the way they executed it is just beyond flawed

Tbh, MMO's all have a hard time retaining players except in Asia. I remember when SW:TOR came out we had queues to enter the servers but now they are mostly empty. Almost every game except WoW suffered from it.

12 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

well duh, it was so shallow, don't know why people were hyped about it in the first place 

Graphics.... Then they downgraded it...

Typical Ubisoft throwaway game. Their only good game ever* was Beyond Good & Evil and they called it a "mistake"

*Not counting games in prior development before Ubisoft bought their owning company like the parasites they are

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Isn't this a trend that has been happening since forever? Although considering this is The Division, I'm impressed they retained even a paltry 7% of the playerbase.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling