ASUS RMA Story

Welp I just got notice that my RMA was approved and my replacement board has been shipped with a tracking number. I should have it either Friday or Monday.  It is a shame that it took 3 1/2 months to get here, but I'm tentatively happy that I have a replacement on the way. I'll be testing it once I get it, so here is to hoping they didn't send me a dud.

Kudos to Hugh and the Social Media dept for taking my case and getting a prompt response and resolution (within 8 days). I wish the rest of Asus tech support was as good.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

16 hours ago, brighttail said:

Welp I just got notice that my RMA was approved and my replacement board has been shipped with a tracking number. I should have it either Friday or Monday.  It is a shame that it took 3 1/2 months to get here, but I'm tentatively happy that I have a replacement on the way. I'll be testing it once I get it, so here is to hoping they didn't send me a dud.

Kudos to Hugh and the Social Media dept for taking my case and getting a prompt response and resolution (within 8 days). I wish the rest of Asus tech support was as good.

Maybe you could send them my way. I am still waiting for Asus' response to the BBB inquiry.

Update to this story: Asus has reached out to me and is offering to send a motherboard one chipset newer (z97 still compatible) of the sabertooth line if it is still in stock. I'm disappointed that I can't get a straight refund after all of this, but if I can just get an equal board that works I suppose it will have EVENTUALLY come to what I wanted in the first place.

On 6/22/2016 at 7:53 PM, Rune said:

Update to this story: Asus has reached out to me and is offering to send a motherboard one chipset newer (z97 still compatible) of the sabertooth line if it is still in stock. I'm disappointed that I can't get a straight refund after all of this, but if I can just get an equal board that works I suppose it will have EVENTUALLY come to what I wanted in the first place.

I can understand the no refund on a board that old.  However, I wish they had sent me a Rampage V Edition 10 to replace the RVE. I'd been happy with that.  An upgrade i believe is fair, you'll get a few extra perks with the upgrade too.  More SATA n such.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i