How Reliable Are Non D5 Pumps?

Basically what title says. I wanted to get the EKWB Predator or Swiftech's version or even non D5 custom water cooling kits but whenever I look at reviews people are always complaining about the pumps dying. 

Thanks for reply's :)

44 minutes ago, thedawnarts said:

Basically what title says. I wanted to get the EKWB Predator or Swiftech's version or even non D5 custom water cooling kits but whenever I look at reviews people are always complaining about the pumps dying. 

Thanks for reply's :)

The D5's are a standardized design between different brands other than some things like PWM control capabilities or a control dial. As for others like the DDC they are also a good option and have even better head pressure but tend to be noiser and run hotter as they are not actively cooled by the fluid, so having a heatsink for those are ideal. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

The D5's are a standardized design between different brands other than some things like PWM control capabilities or a control dial. As for others like the DDC they are also a good option and have even better head pressure but tend to be noisemaker and run hotter as they are not actively cooled by the fluid, so having a heatsink for those are ideal. 

Thank you! Very new to liquid cooling but very interested in it. 

brands have their own "renamed" DA some with additional features or whatnot

as long as it looks like a D5, then you know its a D5 and will be great

anything thats not a D5 like a DDC, stay away from

high heat, noise, and chances of dying

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020