Can you even combine Shell Script with Rsync?

VerticalDiscussions

Hey there everyone, so altough my rsync code was functional, when i showed it to the teacher all he said was "I know you can make good use of rsync, but that isnt shell scripting. Its just a predifined system program.".

Well, then i asked him what i should do and all he said was "What you want your program to do".... So i spent 2 hours searching for possible associations between rsync and shell script. The teacher said to combine shell scripted backup with rsync but i have no idea on how to do that! What id like is for you guys to suggest or show a solution to my problem.

What can i combine rsync with to make it a worthy "shell-script"? rsync has all the functions i need, but since its not "coding", the teacher say its not even minimally aceptable. I really really need to get some coding done or im the one who is done :/. Any help is greatly appreciated and please speedy!

My current code below which i need to add shell scripting functions like fors, do's, cycles or whatever that adds functionality. He suggested me to use rsync for the tasks and manual backing up with the command line.... is that even possible to do and if it is can you show me? Again, thanks!

ShellScript_Rsync.PNG

Groomlake Authority