MSI 1080 Gaming X Pricing

Supply & Demand

Initial prices will be high until supplies can keep up with demand and the "newness" wears off.  Give it a few months and it will likely come down to match the other non-reference OC'ed cards.

48 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

What a joke, $720 for that piece of shit?

For what I want its good. I want a card that stays cool and quiet under, and that looks good. I'm not as interested in overclocking it as I am my cpu.

24 minutes ago, Gerr said:

Supply & Demand

Initial prices will be high until supplies can keep up with demand and the "newness" wears off.  Give it a few months and it will likely come down to match the other non-reference OC'ed cards.

Agreed, going to wait till it drops into the $600's before I buy it. Since I still gotta get other parts for my new rig

Edit: The EVGA cards do look better for the money, I just can't bring myself to buy a graphics card that IMO is ugly

Don't hold your breath on $600, I could see it dropping to $650-$680, but not to the base $599 price point.

10 minutes ago, Gerr said:

Don't hold your breath on $600, I could see it dropping to $650-$680, but not to the base $599 price point.

I said $600's. I know it won't be $600, I was already thinking $650-$690

jesus, how much are they gonna charge for the Gaming Z? 

750? hybrid cards are going to be comparable at that price. 

9 minutes ago, Gerr said:

ah, my bad.

It will probably go down after a month or 2, it will probably get to the 980ti prices as they go down 

@Alexokan

Is any of the cards going to be priced  anywhere near the MSRP ? More than $100 over the announced price is BS

8 minutes ago, GGNN said:

Is any of the cards going to be priced  anywhere near the MSRP ? More than $100 over the announced price is BS

EVGA's ACX 3.0 card is $620, as is Asus' Strix. They also have versions of both cards with factory OCs for $650. EVGA's blower 1080 is $610.

18 minutes ago, GGNN said:

9 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

EVGA's ACX 3.0 card is $620, as is Asus' Strix. They also have versions of both cards with factory OCs for $650. EVGA's blower 1080 is $610.

Yeah. I think buying whatever is cheapest will probably net the best results. 

Doesn't look like the OC"s are scaling well anyways - and it also looks like extra power and phase control is just a waste of money.

13 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

That's good to know. If by any chance you know of any place that sells those at that price in Arizona (or perhaps on a website, I don't mind ordering online), I'm interested!

22 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Board partners cards are the same or even more expensive then the FE in europe while in the US they are cheaper then the FE

We got screwed 2 times 

FE is 909 dollars and board partners are 965 dollars ... (799/849euro)

Let's agree to disagree

Newegg is notorious for price gouging new cards. That $720 is in no way real. I bet the X version will be $649 and the Z at $679 once more widely available.

Another thing, Amazon prices are not from Amazon direct, they're from scalpers. There's dickwads that buy these cards to sell them $100-200 dollars more. I can't stand fuckers like that.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

14 minutes ago, GGNN said:

That's good to know. If by any chance you know of any place that sells those at that price in Arizona (or perhaps on a website, I don't mind ordering online), I'm interested!

This one when it gets available will probably be $600 https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/GeForce-GTX-1080-AERO-8G.html#hero-overview

2 minutes ago, MrTiC said:

Board partners cards are the same or even more expensive then the FE in europe while in the US they are cheaper then the FE

We got screwed 2 times 

FE is 909 dollars and board partners are 965 dollars ... (799/849euro)

I am so sorry, I feel bad for you

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

Newegg is notorious for price gouging new cards. That $720 is in no way real. I bet the X version will be $649 and the Z at $679 once more widely available.

Another thing, Amazon prices are not from Amazon direct, they're from scalpers. There's dickwads that buy these cards to sell them $100-200 dollars more. I can't stand fuckers like that.

That sounds about right on the pricing

17 minutes ago, GGNN said:

Newegg has the EVGA SC for $650 and the EVGA ACX 3.0 for $620, but they're out of stock. You'll have to keep checking the site over and over though, as they sell out really fast.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487244

7 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

The EVGA cards are all listed at the EVGA MSRP by newegg. The Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080 is $650 at newegg. The MSI Gaming X would be the only one they're price gouging on if so. 

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The EVGA cards are all listed at the EVGA MSRP by newegg. The Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080 is $650 at newegg. The MSI Gaming X would be the only one they're price gouging on if so. 

I just find it hard to believe that MSI is going to overprice themselves out of their competition. Who is going to pay $720 for MSI when you can get AIB cards anywhere from $50-100 dollars cheaper.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

I just find it hard to believe that MSI is going to overprice themselves out of their competition. Who is going to pay $720 for MSI when you can get AIB cards anywhere from $50-100 dollars cheaper.

The first poster in this thread said he'd buy it for $720.

3 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

That would be me. I'm the person to pay more for getting exactly what I wanted, but it does seem a bit weird for them to make a lot of people buy the cheaper versions

39 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The first poster in this thread said he'd buy it for $720.

I'd be willing to bet most people would go for the cheaper solutions over 1 person sample. MSI card is not some god card, it is (to me) not worth spending over better alternatives. Hell, for that much I'd rather get a Classified, not some overpriced mid range MSI card.

Regardless, it's moot. It's not going to launch at that price once available.

43 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

I'd be willing to bet most people would go for the cheaper solutions over 1 person sample. MSI card is not some god card, it is (to me) not worth spending over better alternatives. Hell, for that much I'd rather get a Classified, not some overpriced mid range MSI card.

Regardless, it's moot. It's not going to launch at that price once available.

Probably 90% or more would go for the cheaper solution

Makes you wonder what they are going to want for the 1080Ti's when they come out.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU