Ethernet cable in house does not work.

So when our house was built it was ran with ethernet (albeit not the smartest runs but it works) our cables are blue for ethernet, many of them were phone jacks that we converted. There are however some other places that I would like to add it. Crawling in the attic is not an option (it's a HUGE attic with blown insulation that also drops off) so when I saw phone jacks at this location I thought "Oh I can just add some ethernet here!" to my surprise however, these were not blue cables, they were white (They are still ethernet cables though). I did not think about it much. I ripped them off our phone board, toned out the cables to where the white cables were, seems pretty standard. It does not work. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I have toned out each individual wire to were it is in our patch panel, everything lines up. But I get no internet when hooking both ends up. Is there something that I am missing? If you need more information, pictures or detail I would be happy to provide that. 

What type of ethernet cables are they? How old?

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

1 minute ago, Kryptyx said:

What type of ethernet cables are they? How old?

They are both Cat5e, the house is about 6 years old.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Bullet said:

-SNIP-

A photo would give good context of the things with the cable in it. CAT cables do come in different colors but as long as it's rated as CAT 5e it should work if you terminated the ends correctly. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

A photo would give good context of the things with the cable in it. CAT cables do come in different colors but as long as it's rated as CAT 5e it should work if you terminated the ends correctly. 

Here are the photos of what I am working with

IMG_5640.JPGIMG_5641.JPG

I'm just concerned that because they changed color that meant the two cables had to meet somewhere, I cannot however find where that place is.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Bullet said:

I'm just concerned that because they changed color that meant the two cables had to meet somewhere, I cannot however find where that place is.

Maybe it doesn't actually meet up anywhere? Maybe that's the problem?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

7 minutes ago, Shadow Bullet said:

Here are the photos of what I am working with

I assume your going off my labels then to find the cable to that room you have it hooked up in. As you mentioned it changed to a completely different cable so there is a junction somewhere you'll need to find, if they hid in behind the drywall which your not suppose to do then that will be an issue. I would suggest to get an ethernet cable tester to make things easier to locate and find not to mention check your connections. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Maybe it doesn't actually meet up anywhere? Maybe that's the problem?

It used to be a phone line, I never tested it though, I just assumed it would work

1 minute ago, Shadow Bullet said:

It used to be a phone line, I never tested it though, I just assumed it would work

You sure it's connected to the same place? Maybe there's a reason it's white and maybe there's another box for phones cables? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

I assume your going off my labels then to find the cable to that room you have it hooked up in. As you mentioned it changed to a completely different cable so there is a junction somewhere you'll need to find, if they hid in behind the drywall which your not suppose to do then that will be an issue. I would suggest to get an ethernet cable tester to make things easier to locate and find not to mention check your connections. 

So you think a cheap cable tester will work?

3 minutes ago, Shadow Bullet said:

So you think a cheap cable tester will work?

Well just to test and troubleshoot to see if one end of that cable is hooked up to the other, it's very possible there is a junction somewhere and they spliced cables together and may have left some conductors open since phone lines only require I think it was 4 wires. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

Well just to test and troubleshoot to see if one of that cable is hooked up to the other, it's very possible there is a junction somewhere and they spliced cables together and may have left some conductors open since phone lines only require I think it was 4 wires. 

What is weird is that I did a continuity test on every individual copper wire and they all matched up with their respective counterparts. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Bullet said:

What is weird is that I did a continuity test on every individual copper wire and they all matched up with their respective counterparts. 

Try to look around for a junction then, it's very likely the type of splice they did was only for continuity purposes using those gel filled crimps and will not work when passing data. 

24 minutes ago, W-L said:

Well just to test and troubleshoot to see if one of that cable is hooked up to the other, it's very possible there is a junction somewhere and they spliced cables together and may have left some conductors open since phone lines only require I think it was 4 wires. 

Just bought a cheap cable tester, I just punched down the wires into our phone punch and punched a phone jack on the white cable and guess what? There is a dial tone. That means the cable is hooked up, just not in a way that is easy? Maybe?

7 minutes ago, Shadow Bullet said:

Just bought a cheap cable tester, I just punched down the wires into our phone punch and punched a phone jack on the white cable and guess what? There is a dial tone. That means the cable is hooked up, just not in a way that is easy? Maybe?

I think you have the wrong patch panel then xD *displeased neighbor*

Try looking around to see if you can locate a cable labeled for that room that looks like the same white cable, possibly that second panel below?