MSDN partners sharing contents with external collaborators

Lehti

I work in software localization and I'm already aware of the terminology tools Microsoft gives for free on its Language portal. However, some other contents, like UI translations, require a MSDN subscription. One of my customers has one of such subscriptions, but he isn't sure if sharing them with his network of external collaborator is in violation of MSDN ToS, so for now we're not doing anything regarding this.

Can someone provide a clear-cut answer to that question?

16 minutes ago, Lehti said:

I work in software localization and I'm already aware of the terminology tools Microsoft gives for free on its Language portal. However, some other contents, like UI translations, require a MSDN subscription. One of my customers has one of such subscriptions, but he isn't sure if sharing them with his network of external collaborator is in violation of MSDN ToS, so for now we're not doing anything regarding this.

Can someone provide a clear-cut answer to that question?

I know this doesn't give you a clear answer but if it feels like it would be a ToS violation it usually is.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

I know this doesn't give you a clear answer but if it feels like it would be a ToS violation it usually is.

Not so sure. The question here is if external collaborators (contractors working from home, basically) are on the same page as regular staff.

2 minutes ago, Lehti said:

Not so sure. The question here is if external collaborators (contractors working from home, basically) are on the same page as regular staff.

Is he paying you? If so then you would be considered regular staff, the fact that you're a temporary employee (e.g. a contractor) is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Is he paying you? If so then you would be considered regular staff, the fact that you're a temporary employee (e.g. a contractor) is irrelevant.

I'm not an employee, I'm a freelancer, meaning I invoice him instead of getting a monthly (or weekly, or whatever) pay based on the amount of work I do for him.