After 20+ years of console gaming, I completed my first "battlestation" on my own!

I posted this in the H440 Unofficial Thread, but figured it might get more comments, feed back, and conversations here, so here it is! My build! So after watching too many console gaming videos, and being a console gamer for most of my 33 years on this planet, I slowly started to watch more pc videos, and subscribed to most of the usual suspects. (Linus, awesome sauce, jayz2cents, hardwarecanucks, etc.) I slowly got more and more into the idea of building a PC of my very own, and after doing tons of research, reading, and pricing, I built my first ever desktop rig, to work, game, and everything in between. I wanted to keep it a sleeper, and not overly flashy unless I wanted to turn up the lighting, so I went with the rarely seen around here, black on black 440. 

I had originally planned for a 970 card, but ended up getting a killer deal on a 980ti, and have enrolled in EVGAs "Step Up" card program, and will get a 1080 FTW RGB Edition when it becomes available in the program, or possibly wait for the 1080ti to come to market instead. 

I also suffer from diagnosed obsessive compulsive disorder, so my build is very clean, and my desk/work environment, and surroundings are always kept as proper as possible.

The Final Pop Captain Phasma figure was a throw in at purchase by the salesman, as he said that each build should have a name, and a background. She has since been relagated to shelf duty as she was impeding air flow in the case.

Build specs:

NZXT h440 black/black

NZXT Kraken X61

NZXT Hue+

NZXT Grid+ (in the mail)

Gigabyte Z170x UD3 motherboard

Intel i7 6700k

EVGA GTX 970 FTW (was exchanged for a EVGA 980ti FTW before finishing build)

Corsair HX750i

Corsair K70 RGB Rapid Fire MX Speed

Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Corsair MM200 Extended Mouse Pad

1 x Samsung 850 evo 256gb SSD

2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb HDD

4 x 8gb (32gb) Kingston Hyper X Fury 21300 DDR4

3 x Corsair AF 140mm Quiet Edition High Airflow Fans (2 on Kraken X61 as exhaust, 1 on rear of H440 as exhaust) 

3 x Corsair AF 120mm Performance Edition High Airflow Fans (3 on front of H440 as intake)

Cable Mods C Series HXi Cable Kit (Black Braided)

Cable Mods C Series Modflex Basic Cable Comb Kit (Black)

Asus PB278q WQHD 144hz Monitor

Asus Turbo Drive external Blu-ray Disc Drive

Audio Technical Ath m50x Headphones (black/black)

Logitech z506 5.1 Surround Sound System

Blue Snowball USB Microphone

Microsoft Xbox One Elite Controller

Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Adapter

I can't be any happier with the setup so far, and will be adding 2 m.2 950 Pro SSDs into the system in the future, along with a full customized Cable Mods (black/grey/gold) Cable Kit to finish the whole thing off.

"Battlestation"

lAZlZgV.jpg

qnvdX7D.jpg

Peripherals.jpg

YWMX5yJ.jpg

IMG_20160606_232302.jpg

8D9W6Fh.jpg

Looks sweet, Like how clean the set up is :)!!

Gaming Rig:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600X @ 4.1GHz All Cores - Ram: 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE - GPU: 5600XT MSI Gaming X - Storage: Samsung EVO 840 250GB - 2TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10

HTPC Rig:
CPU: i5 6400 - Ram: 16GB - GPU: 970 GTX - Storage: 120 Kingston SSD & 2x 1TB Seagate Drive OS: Win10