Router Upstairs, PC Gaming Downstairs, Solution (Besides my own)

Snake_skull

My solution at the time: Drill hole in ceiling above me, and drill hole in the floor above me then use a 50 ft Ethernet Cable to connect my PC to the Router Upstairs (SO FAR IT HAS WORKED!)

However, The Wi-fi signal is absolute garbage down here in my cave... (For my Phone and Laptop and other Wireless devices)

So I want to know if there is a thing that exists that works as such:

-Can be plugged into the Router upstairs via Ethernet which can then be plugged into on the end that is down here with me.

-Will then broadcast a Wi-Fi Signal

-I can Plug my PC into this device giving me a Ethernet Connection.

-Doesn't act as it's own Network Connection

Does such a piece of tech exist? If so, Please enlighten me! :) 

4 minutes ago, Snake_skull said:

My solution at the time: Drill hole in ceiling above me, and drill hole in the floor above me then use a 50 ft Ethernet Cable to connect my PC to the Router Upstairs (SO FAR IT HAS WORKED!)

However, The Wi-fi signal is absolute garbage down here in my cave... (For my Phone and Laptop and other Wireless devices)

So I want to know if there is a thing that exists that works as such:

-Can be plugged into the Router upstairs via Ethernet which can then be plugged into on the end that is down here with me.

-Will then broadcast a Wi-Fi Signal

-I can Plug my PC into this device giving me a Ethernet Connection.

-Doesn't act as it's own Network Connection

Does such a piece of tech exist? If so, Please enlighten me! :) 

Get a better wireless solution.  Honestly, this is what I did.  I paid my $200 got a ASUS router, paid $100 and got a adapter, and poof I haven't had a single problem sense.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

you could quite literaly just buy a new router and put it in your basement and use both routers

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

15 minutes ago, Snake_skull said:

-SNIP-

You can setup a secondary router downstairs to get better coverage, all you have to do it have it in bridge mode and it will act as an access point and switch for all your devices downstairs.

You would could always spend the time wiring your house and putting an Ethernet port in every single room. 

Or you could just do what everyone else has said and get a secondary router for downstairs and connect thy routers together. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Do what I did, Powerline ethernet adapters (Look them up, they're cool and work very well) Then use a wifi card in your desktop and a program called connectify to broadcast the wired signal through the powerline adapters as a repeater, this will give you a good wired solution and wifi for other devices.

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110