Is Bulk Cat5e Fine For Outdoors?

EBDoesStuff

Hey guys! After a while, I've finally decided to switch back to Cat5e and route it to my computer. I'm planning on doing it through the out doors so I was wondering which type of cheap 250+ ft ethernet cable that would be good for the job. I was looking through Amazon (canada) and I found this: https://www.amazon.ca/Cat5e-Ethernet-Cable-Cat-5e-VIVO/dp/B00O82K74K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1465153202&sr=8-3&keywords=250+ft+cat5e I was wondering if this would be a good option or not. Thank you guys so much!

PS: I would want the links you give me to be from Amazon canada with prime availability.

I'm a person, you're a person...Together, we are people.

Bob Ross is the greatest painter ever! Happy trees!

Specs:

Spoiler

Processor: i7 4790k @4.7ghz
Game destroyer: Msi GTX 970 4GD5 OC (Soon to be a 1080 or Titan)
Mobo: MSI Z97I AC mini ITX motherboard 
Fridge: NZXT Kraken X31 120mm liquid cooler
Lambo: Samsung 850 EVO 120gb SSD
Honda Civic: Random Toshiba 2TB 7200rpm HDD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 g2 (Currently out for RMA)
Case: NZXT S340 Midtower PC case

2 minutes ago, EBDoesStuff said:

Hey guys! After a while, I've finally decided to switch back to Cat5e and route it to my computer. I'm planning on doing it through the out doors so I was wondering which type of cheap 250+ ft ethernet cable that would be good for the job. I was looking through Amazon (canada) and I found this: https://www.amazon.ca/Cat5e-Ethernet-Cable-Cat-5e-VIVO/dp/B00O82K74K/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1465153202&sr=8-3&keywords=250+ft+cat5e I was wondering if this would be a good option or not. Thank you guys so much!

PS: I would want the links you give me to be from Amazon canada with prime availability.

Ideally you would want exterior grade cable if your going for direct burial but even then a conduit is the best option, for something like regular cat 5e putting it inside a conduit for exterior use is the best approach. 

You want to find cat5 that specifies for outdoor use, regular cat5 will break down outside and leave you without the ethernet you're stealing from your neighbor

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

I see, any suggestions? Really need this by tomorrow. Amazon links preferred ;)

Specs:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, EBDoesStuff said:

I see, any suggestions? Really need this by tomorrow. Amazon links preferred ;)

I would recommend solid copper cable as that one you had was CCA which works if your on a budget but isn't always the best. Prime cables or the Canadian version of monoprice also has it for a lower pricepoint:

http://www.primecables.com/p-351929-cab-12732-1000ft-23awg-cat6-550mhz-utp-solid-bulk-ethernet-cable-direct-burial-black-monoprice

https://www.amazon.ca/CNE60870-1000-Feet-Outdoor-Waterproof-Ethernet/dp/B00C9793XC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1465153990&sr=8-5&keywords=outdoor+ethernet+cable

1 minute ago, W-L said:

I would recommend solid copper cable as that one you had was CCA which works if your on a budget but isn't always the best. Prime cables or the Canadian version of monoprice also has it for a lower pricepoint:

http://www.primecables.com/p-351929-cab-12732-1000ft-23awg-cat6-550mhz-utp-solid-bulk-ethernet-cable-direct-burial-black-monoprice

https://www.amazon.ca/CNE60870-1000-Feet-Outdoor-Waterproof-Ethernet/dp/B00C9793XC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1465153990&sr=8-5&keywords=outdoor+ethernet+cable

Ouch, I'm on an $60 - $70 budget. Isn't 1000ft too big??

Specs:

Spoiler

you could run regular cat5e cable though tubing under ground.. All depends on the surface, material of where you are routing it..

1 minute ago, iSwayz said:

you could run regular cat5e cable though tubing under ground.. All depends on the surface, material of where you are routing it..

Yeah, but I need to run it upwards towards my bedroom.

Specs:

Spoiler

I'd suggest buying Cat5e FTP cable, not UTP cable ... FTP has an extra foil to shield each pair of wires, makes cable stronger. Some varieties also have a steel wire throughout the cable, which makes the cable easier to connect to poles or between buildings.

I don't think it's a good idea to put the cable underground, unless you'll also pull the cable through some kind of stainless steel pipe or something through which humidity won't go through. You're in Canada so I'm not sure if rats or squirrels would be a problem, animals often like to chew on the plastic sleeve and the wires to fix their teeth.

You should avoid CCA (copper clad aluminum) cables, those are network cables that have an aluminum core and there's copper just covering the aluminum core (plated on aluminum).. the resistance of the wire is different compared to copper only network cable and the cables are not as good for long distances. The one you linked to is CCA type, I would avoid it.

7 minutes ago, EBDoesStuff said:

Ouch, I'm on an $60 - $70 budget. Isn't 1000ft too big??

Your best bet as mentioned may be to run regular cable within a conduit, but it is a 1000ft roll which does help with the cost as you only need I assume from the first option <250ft.