NVIDIA manufacturer drivers

Hello all,

I'm wondering if i should stay on the Dell recommended drivers for my Alienware 15 R2 or update to the latest one?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Wiggyweir said:

Hello all,

I'm wondering if i should stay on the Dell recommended drivers for my Alienware 15 R2 or update to the latest one?

Thanks

Link to Nvidia's site:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Select your GPU and OS and you're good to go. :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Abdul201588 said:

Link to Nvidia's site:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Select your GPU and OS and you're good to go. :) 

Thanks for the reply, 

I am alright with the installation process, just wondering if it is best to actually use the latest drivers or sticking with the latest ones on the support page for the product on the dell website?

Thanks

i would go with 359.06, its what im on and its what have worked best for me. 36x drivers have been complete shit

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I would personally use NVIDIA's official driver revision to ensure you're getting all the latest changes and benefits as they do sometimes include performance improvements in video games. Dell will not necessarily add it to their site unless they can confirm it works well, or they're just too lazy to do it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 minutes ago, Wiggyweir said:

Thanks for the reply, 

I am alright with the installation process, just wondering if it is best to actually use the latest drivers or sticking with the latest ones on the support page for the product on the dell website?

Thanks

Usually, it's best to use the latest driver for better performance. But if you're having problems then do what  @Bananasplit_00 said. :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Cheers guys (or girls?)

Im quite new to laptop gaming so i was just curious.

Ill try the latest ones and trail run it