Finding A New Cpu Cooler

Hello i've been thinking about upgrading my cooler for some time I'm Rocking an Athlon x4 860k and its time for an upgrade but the hyper 212 Evo has not been treating this processor nicely while gaming i can easily go into 67 °C Scary but I'm hoping to upgrade to an i5 4460 later this week and i was wondering if i should stick with the cooler because Intel is belived to be cooler than AMD or just get a new cooler entirely. I also forgot to mention that I'm not made of money so i can't go insane with the price of a new cooler I'm already pushing it a little close with the upgrade as is looking in the 40$ maybe 50$

I recommend the hyper 212 evo. It works amazingly with my turbo boosted intel i7!

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

alright well thank you all for replying, but say i upgrade to and overclocking chip and i want to get a high overclock out of it any beastly air coolers for the future

4 minutes ago, Ion4545 said:

alright well thank you all for replying, but say i upgrade to and overclocking chip and i want to get a high overclock out of it any beastly air coolers for the future

Also 67C is not exactly that hot bud. the 212 evo, with a better fan on it which I recommend, something like an EK Vardar or Noctua NF-12, will keep it nice and cool.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

1 minute ago, iiNNeX said:

Also 67C is not exactly that hot bud. the 212 evo, with a better fan on it which I recommend, something like an EK Vardar or Noctua NF-12, will keep it nice and cool.

i looked at one of linus's videos and said that the safe temps for cpu's were somewhere between 50C and 60C max is it different for AMD or am i just uninformed

1 minute ago, Ion4545 said:

i looked at one of linus's videos and said that the safe temps for cpu's were somewhere between 50C and 60C max is it different for AMD or am i just uninformed

" the max user operating temp for the Athlon X4 860K is 72.4C "

So anything below 70 is fine, but keeping it between the 55-65 range is obviously recommended.

You can always look for a used liquid cooler on ebay or something?

that's good to hear i thought my Cpu was melting with those temps thanks for that info. I'm not really into the idea of liquid cooling considering the leaks etc. i know they aren't that often and really rare to see but air cooling is just a little safer and puts my mind at ease. im just looking for a really beefy air cooler so that i could get a pretty decent overclock

4 minutes ago, Ion4545 said:

that's good to hear i thought my Cpu was melting with those temps thanks for that info. I'm not really into the idea of liquid cooling considering the leaks etc. i know they aren't that often and really rare to see but air cooling is just a little safer and puts my mind at ease. im just looking for a really beefy air cooler so that i could get a pretty decent overclock

If you want water cooling AIO performance from an air cooler then this is it: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/noctua-nh-d14-dual-radiator-cpu-cooler-hs-011-nc.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-Mm6BRDTpaLgj6K04KsBEiQA5f20ExjitODlyDqtXK-qRZ4QyJJrGPfX_goWXo1iD9wWMFEaAlQw8P8HAQ

Noctua NH D14 or the D15, whichever you can find nearby.

thanks so much for your help good sir. great to see people on this forum very responsive and helpful. have a good day

Yeah, I don't particularly like the 212 EVO, but if you've already got one and you're switching to a locked CPU, there's no reason to change it out. Put that money in the GPU fund ;)

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

You could take a look at a Cryorig H7 on Newegg.  I've heard good things about it vs. a 212 EVO including that it's supposed to be easier to install and I think doesn't block your RAM slots as much.  Though you'd want to check on the RAM thing to be sure about that.