Is Nvidia just better than AMD?

XamN

Very childish, we have a discussion on why re-branding is ok in some scenarios, and the guy comes in here explicitly mentions why nVidia is better, because GTX 970 has hdmi 2.0, and Fury X does not (of all things), then resorts to name calling. Sorry for offending you on the internet dear friend @othertomperson. I will almost certainly cry myself to sleep tonight.

no.

My rigs:

Spoiler

NEW Ryzinator build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 9 3950X 8-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4

RAM: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-3066

Storage: (3x) Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5", Samsung - 960 EVO 250GB M.2-2280

PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750

Additional fan: Noctua - NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan

Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 580 Dual OC 4GB

Display: MSI 27L Optix MAG272QP @ 165Hz

OLD Build (SOLD):

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX (VRM overheating, don't buy) RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM GPU: Onboard ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics Case: Corsair Obsidian 500D Storage: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 1TB, 119GB SAMSUNG MMCRE28G5MXP-0VBH1 (SSD), 465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA)  PSU: Be quiet! - Straight Power 10 400 Watt Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 

Retro gaming build:

CPU: Intel Pentium 3 Coppermine @ 800MHz Motherboard: Asus P2B i440BX BIOS 1012 FSB: 133 MHz RAM: 1x 128MB Hynix PC133 SDR SDRAM GPU: ATi Radeon 9200 256MB AGP Case: Full Tower case (unbranded) Storage: CompactFlash card to IDE converter (16GB card) Sound Card: Aztech 2320 ISA Cooling: Stock heatsink fan OS: Windows 98 Second Edition

1 minute ago, othertomperson said:

If someone starts crying because I compare two generations of Netgear products, I'll probably still call them a twat tbh. Probably moreseo actually.

Nah you wouldn't. Just change the name of the companies in question and this'll be a stale boring conversation. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

8 minutes ago, LeStringMan said:

Very childish, we have a discussion on why re-branding is ok in some scenarios, and the guy comes in here explicitly mentions why nVidia is better, because GTX 970 has hdmi 2.0, and Fury X does not (of all things), then resorts to name calling. Sorry for offending you on the internet dear friend @othertomperson. I will almost certainly cry myself to sleep tonight.

I barely mentioned Nvidia at all in my post, and that was in relation to a really old obsolete product of theirs. I actually compared two generations of AMD products. Nvidia have rebranded as well, I don't know why you keep going on about them.

You are trying to save face and backpedal from your offence that I didn't like the lack of HDMI support on a card. Your offence doesn't offend me, it just prevents me from taking you seriously.

7 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

Nah you wouldn't. Just change the name of the companies in question and this'll be a stale boring conversation. 

Whatever you say. I'm sitting here laughing to myself for comparing featuresets of different generations of AMD products and barely even mention Nvidia at all, and yet someone takes offence at this and multiple people imply that I am an Nvidia fanboy for this. This is why people cannot have a discussion on the topic, not because I say that being offended over a sodding graphics card is twattery.

1 hour ago, LeStringMan said:

I don't know why people get upset with AMD re-branding their cards, is it really AMD's fault that the now 4 year old HD 7000 series is still capable of competing with Maxwell?

That was the sad part, lol. Although they did have to release 4 new cards.

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?

4 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

I didn't mention Nvidia at all in my post. I actually compared two generations of AMD products. Nvidia have rebranded as well, I don't know why you keep going on about them.

You are trying to save face and backpedal from your offence that I didn't like the lack of HDMI support on a card. Your offence doesn't offend me, it just prevents me from taking you seriously.

But you did mention nVidia in that post, literally the 580,950,and 970, i don't understand what you are so upset about lol, also coming on here and attacking other member of the forum does not offend me, rather it simply prevents me from taking them seriously.

Also, to anyone who quoted me. I was listing AMD's BS. I never gave Nvidia a free pass.

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?

1 minute ago, LeStringMan said:

But you did mention nVidia in that post, literally the 580,950,and 970, i don't understand what you are so upset about lol, also coming on here and attacking other member of the forum does not offend me, rather it simply prevents me from taking them seriously.

I didn't mention the 970 at all. The 950 and 580 are cards I know the power requirements of so can make a generation comparison. You'll notice I compared Nvidia to Nvidia across generations, not AMD to Nvidia. If you could get around your pathetic fanboyism for a moment, you'd see that my point was how intergeneration improvements (as well as dramatically reducing costs for AMD and Nvidia due to the smaller dies) have other feature improvements.

Now are you just going to reword this post at me again, or are you going to come up with a thought of your own?

This is why we can't have topics like theses, even though most of it has been reasonable debate, they always just tends to just end in bickering back and forth so we're going to call it here. 

-Locked-