Fan placement advice

StijnB

Hey guys,

A while ago I built my first ever PC, went for watercooling immediately. I'm very happy with the result, and the temps are good (35 degrees Celsius for CPU, 55 degrees C for GPU, both under load).

One of the fans on my watercooler broke down, which I replaced by completely disassembling and rebuilding the PC to clean it because I was working on it anyways. I also went from a push to a push-pull config on my radiator.

Now my problem is, I have 6 fans total. 2 are standard case fans that came with my case, they are intakes in the front and have a dust filter in front of them. The other 4 (!) are exhausts, on my push-pull rad.
To make matters worse, the 2 intakes are 1200 RPM max fans, the exhausts are 2000 RPM. I know about positive and negative air pressure in the case, and I have some pretty negative pressure right now (obviously).

Generally, my exhausts don't spin at 2k RPM which makes the discrepancy slightly smaller, but I would like balance the pressure out a bit more.

Now to the actual problem. I don't know where to add another fan. I included pictures of the PC's interior, with fans and possible fan spots marked out.

I have a spare fan laying around, the same as used for the rad (NZXT FX V2). What would be my best solution here? If I use the left red spot, the power cables from the PSU might get in the way of the blades, which would be pretty bad. If I use the right one, however, I would have to figure out a way to move the HDD bays up, and even then I would have conflicting airflow from the front intakes (correct me if I'm wrong there). These are all the options I have, as 2.5 inch drives are too slow, and SSDs with high (need 500+ GB) capacity are too expensive, so I can't use the SSD bays on the back of the mobo.

If you have any ideas, please tell me, I'm fairly inexperienced, so I am always happy to learn :) 

I can provide more pics if necessary.

Thanks,

Stijn

IMG_20160604_111646.jpg

fan layout.jpg

possible fans.jpg

I would leave it as it is right now. Although if you can put the bottom fan without decreasing the airflow from the front intake, I would do it

Okay, I'll leave it like this for now then. Maybe I'll upgrade the intake fans sometime, but until then I guess it's just very frequent dust cleaning.

Thanks for the advice!

Push-pull counts as 2 fans when you think case airflow. I would reduce rad fan speeds but I really don't see any issues apart from noise. If you live in dusty place, that might become issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv