Is this overkill for video gaming and editing and youtube

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WCb9TH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/WCb9TH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($338.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing RGB 360 40.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($167.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 12g Thermal Paste  ($11.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($203.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($64.16 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  ($172.71 @ Mac Mall) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($165.98 @ Newegg) 
Optical Drive: Asus BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer  ($52.99 @ B&H) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($83.89 @ OutletPC) 
Software: Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 14 Software  ($99.00 @ B&H) 
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  ($221.85 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake CL-F042-PL12SW-A 40.6 CFM  120mm Fan  ($24.90 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27.0" 165Hz Monitor  ($759.00 @ Amazon) 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Wired Laser Mouse  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Headphones: Razer KRAKEN 7.1 CHROMA 7.1 Channel  Headset  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Speakers: Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers  ($69.99 @ Best Buy) 
Other: ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING ($649.00)
Other: Blue Microphones Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone ($50.00)
Total: $3818.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-02 17:01 EDT-0400

This is overkill but what are your exact use case scenarios if you want me to help you any more

Krakens hurt if you have big ears, be w-ear-y about headsets Mr. Overkill

I don't know why you need the sound card....I'd go with on board audio.

The Black Friday Rig: 

[PCPartPicker part list](https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/QyvH8K)
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor] | $280.00 
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler] | $19.99 
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-Z170X-GAMING 6 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard] | $175.00 
**Memory** | [Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory] | $94.99 
**Storage** | [Corsair Force LE 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive] | $85.99 
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive] | $64.00 
**Video Card** | [Gigabyte Radeon RX 480 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card] | $319.99 
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case] | $89.00 
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply] | $84.99 
**Operating System** | [Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit]| $109.00 
 | *Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts* |
 | **Total** | **$1322.95**
 | Generated by [PCPartPicker](http://pcpartpicker.com) 2016-11-27 18:34 EST-0500 |

2 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

This is overkill but what are your exact use case scenarios if you want me to help you any more

In the future I will be making shortfilms  and will be using it to work on my YouTube channel which is gaming 

1 minute ago, CeremonialSnips said:

I don't know why you need the sound card....I'd go with on board audio.

ok

1 minute ago, daDILLYdog said:

Krakens hurt if you have big ears, be w-ear-y about headsets Mr. Overkill

Ok

Hey radical gulid

what resolution will you be gaming at and how many subscribers does your youtube channel have?

2 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

Hey radical gulid

what resolution will you be gaming at and how many subscribers does your youtube channel have?

1440p and 27 I want to make beter quality videos right now I use a Acer laptop to record and edit it's so painful 

You do not need a 1000W power supply, you'd be fine with a 650w i'd say. Would save you money.

My PC: I7 4770 (3.4Ghz)

32Gb Corsair Xms3 DDR3

Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980ti

Asus Z87-A Motherboard

Samsung 120gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8502026

If you're just going to be gaming and uploading consider no cd/bluray drive to save space.

Elements will not be great for video editing unless you're doing simple transitions and nothing else otherwise you may have to buy CC premier and media encoder. I hate how Adobe went with the contract instead of one time license deal it's really sad.

hey radical gulid

It is fair play if you can afford it and kudos to you if you can but look for a cooler case for your $3800 pc

Why the 2 hard drives?  If you're gonna get 2, at least get them identical so you can RAID-1 them. 

As others have pointed out, tons of places where you can trim costs and still not really back yourself into a corner.  4 case fans is a bit silly as well with that hardware.

2 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

4 case fans

He must be really wanting positive pressure in that thing!

2 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

Why the 2 hard drives?  If you're gonna get 2, at least get them identical so you can RAID-1 them. 

As others have pointed out, tons of places where you can trim costs and still not really back yourself into a corner.  4 case fans is a bit silly as well with that hardware.

one for games, programs, etc. and the other one strictly for videos, its actually a pretty common thing to do.

on topic: with that kind of a budget, you're spending money in all the wrong places...

3 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

One is for random data and one is for video clips

5 minutes ago, VivashTech said:

hey radical gulid

It is fair play if you can afford it and kudos to you if you can but look for a cooler case for your $3800 pc

Do you have a case in mind 

1 minute ago, radical guild said:

One is for random data and one is for video clips

Video clips from games can fill a hard drive very quickly especially if you're using something like FRAPS that basically thinks it's ok to record 4GB of data as a 2 minute video and if you're doing that at 4K you'll have no space left. Get a good recording software like Mirillis Action!. I use that personally and it has built in nvenc encoding for recording blah blah so you'll get better recording framerate and size or Shadow play which is from nvidia but I never tried it.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

one for games, programs, etc. and the other one strictly for videos, its actually a pretty common thing to do.

on topic: with that kind of a budget, you're spending money in all the wrong places...

$3800 us dollars

go X99 or go home

why do people get the cheapest SSD for their super high end machines? - I mean your fans cost as much as that SSD

why do you need an optical drive that costs more than your hard drive? - go home

why do your headphones and speakers combined cost less than your sound card? - get Senheiser/Audiotechnica or go home

why does your graphics solution cost less than your monitor? - go multi GPU or go home

did you just tick all the boxes with the most expensive options? - that's what it looks like

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 minute ago, DXMember said:

go X99 or go home

why do people get the cheapest SSD for their super high end machines? - I mean your fans cost as much as that SSD

why do you need an optical drive that costs more than your hard drive? - go home

why do your headphones and speakers combined cost less than your sound card? - get Senheiser/Audiotechnica or go home

why does your graphics solution cost less than your monitor? - go multi GPU or go home

OK thanks

Have fun paying for that. There's a point where it's not even worth spending anymore.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

5 minutes ago, DXMember said:

go X99 or go home

What if he already is home?

1. That is the most overpriced cooling solution I have every seen! Get something cheaper like a decent air cooler from the likes of be quiet or noctua.
  2. Thermal paste is included no point on getting it
  3. That's too much ram even for editing, 16GB is more than enough
  4. There is no need for a 1000W even with SLI!
  5. This is the most overpriced sound card on the earth! Since you are already getting a expensive boards it's pointless.
  6. Use the stock fans save some money for SLI!
  7. Stay away from the kraken! They don't sound great!

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Stay away from the kraken! They don't sound great!

It's all about that bass and explosions and gunfire tho

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($449.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 CPU Cooler  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-SLI ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($210.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 4TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($125.85 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($180.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($45.85 @ OutletPC) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($84.99 @ NCIX US) 
Software: Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 14 Software  ($99.00 @ B&H) 
Case Fan: Fractal Design HF14-BK 118.2 CFM  140mm Fan  ($17.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Fractal Design HF14-BK 118.2 CFM  140mm Fan  ($17.99 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Dell P2415Q 23.8" 60Hz Monitor  ($374.99 @ Adorama) 
Monitor: Dell P2415Q 23.8" 60Hz Monitor  ($374.99 @ Adorama) 
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($169.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Wired Laser Mouse  ($59.99 @ NCIX US) 
Other: ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-O8G-GAMING ($649.00)
Other: Blue Microphones Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone ($50.00)
Total: $3424.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-02 17:37 EDT-0400

quick explanation to the things i changed:

- get one of the new toastwell x99 chips, it'll be a MASSIVE improvement over the 6700k

- tower cooler because silence

- get *a* motherboard, i dont care which one, thats a placeholder if anything :P

- kept the ram

- for storage i went for the lowest price/GB hard drive that seemed trustworthy and wouldnt be a jackhammer

- FD define R5 because its silent, professional, and has LOTS of options. (seriously, you dont know all of its options, i've had mine for over a year and i'm still finding options)

- kept the psu

- do yourself a favor and dont buy an optical drive because its black, if it annoys you its grey a can of paint is like $5...

- kept your pick of software

- put those two fans in the front of your case, they're windtunnels :P

- 2x 4K screens, that'll do you better than a high refresh rate display when creating content, because your content will HAVE to be locked at 60 to have a decent result either way. (example: lirik used to stream with G-sync, it was tearfest for viewers)

- i snipped out your audio devices except for the mic, get yourself a decent (external) DAC and professional headphones, i'm not the right person to help you here, but i'm the right person to tell you that especially for pro stuff you WANT that audio to be outside of your pc, because a pc is just all kinds of interference :P