Displayport not detecting

So recently I switched from a DVI cord to a Displayport cable and all had went well in the few weeks I've been using it. However, for whatever reason I jump back on my PC after a break and I'm getting a "Displayport Not Detected" message from my monitor (ASUS VG248QE). I'm going to see if I can try plugging my PC with Displayport with a different monitor to see if that can narrow the issue (I'll update this post with the results). This happen to anyone? Is this a driver issue or something more pricey?

* Oh and to add, my computer does detect a connection when I plug the port into my monitor via the sound effect from windows. *

Update - So after plugging my Displayport cable into my friends monitor, it seemed to work fine. So this narrows down to my monitor. Why does it not pick up this signal all of a sudden?

Update 2 - Tried the "unplug the power cord and wait 1 minute trick".... and it worked. Have absolutely no idea how or why. Any guess is as good as mine.

Could be that the display port on the GPU/monitor is damaged and the cable works in the port until it is moved causing it to stop.Is the GPU/monitor second hand? Has it been mishandled? Dose this problem happen over other inputs to the monitor?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?