GTX 1080, 1070 and wait for 1080TI or see what AMD are doing?

2 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

If he has a 1080p 144Hz monitor, the 1070 is perfect for that.  It's also great for 1440p.

It depends as I really want to get a G-Sync monitor but it's very price dependent at the moment and will probably wait until some cheaper options are available (With no gloss)

1 minute ago, JPotze said:

it would be untouched in the form factor and design.. the brands are free to choose hardware quality as far as i know.

That's what I would hope

if you think it fits in your budget, just buy the 1080 with waterblock. it is in no way a bad card and you would be happy with it. Just so you know. Gsync monitors are way more expensive then free sync. at least here in Holland.

if you think it fits in your budget, just buy the 1080 with waterblock. it is in no way a bad card and you would be happy with it. Just so you know. Gsync monitors are way more expensive then free sync. at least here in Holland.

Same over here, there's a £300 premium for the G-Sync brand :(

2 minutes ago, TechMinerUK said:

Same over here, there's a £300 premium for the G-Sync brand :(

then wait a bit for the 'other side' gpu's to come out and then make a decision.

2 minutes ago, TechMinerUK said:

It depends as I really want to get a G-Sync monitor but it's very price dependent at the moment and will probably wait until some cheaper options are available (With no gloss)

If you are going for G-Sync, the 1070 will be great at 1440p, even in highly demanding titles.  G-Sync benefits in mid-high frame rate ranges.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

then wait a bit for the 'other side' gpu's to come out and then make a decision.

I would but I fear they are waiting for next year and I can't wait that long :(

1 minute ago, TechMinerUK said:

I would but I fear they are waiting for next year and I can't wait that long :(

if you can't wait that long the only option is to go for NVIDIA and accept that gsync is just expensive.

But to be fair. i have a 140hz monitor and i don't see the difference in 140hz and gsync.

2 minutes ago, JPotze said:

if you can't wait that long the only option is to go for NVIDIA and accept that gsync is just expensive.

But to be fair. i have a 140hz monitor and i don't see the difference in 140hz and gsync.

I suppose once I buy the monitor I won't have to do it again, the bit that concerns me is a 1080TI next year that makes the 1080 drop and loose it's price by ridiculous amounts

1 minute ago, TechMinerUK said:

I suppose once I buy the monitor I won't have to do it again, the bit that concerns me is a 1080TI next year that makes the 1080 drop and loose it's price

that cycle will never stop. 

that cycle will never stop. 

Very true, I guess I'm better going full this time and if TI comes next year then so be it

3 minutes ago, TechMinerUK said:

I suppose once I buy the monitor I won't have to do it again, the bit that concerns me is a 1080TI next year that makes the 1080 drop and loose it's price

If you wait too long, you'll just keep finding reasons to wait longer and be waiting in perpetuity. :)

My PC specifications are in my profile.

3 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

If you wait too long, you'll just keep finding reasons to wait longer and be waiting in perpetuity. :)

That's what happened last year :)

I'm on 1080p 144Hz and I'm gonna get 1070 (it can easily pull of 144fps on high settings and 90+ maxed out).

If u are on 1440p 60fps and u stay on it for next two years then 1070 is all u need. But if u go for 144Hz u need 1080, however 1080ti will be a killer when it comes out.

It has lot more cuda cores than 1080 and bigger gap between 1080ti vs 1080 (900+ cuda cores) than 1080 vs 1070 (500+ cuda cores)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE