Can I mix and match these RAMs?

So I bought a single stick of 8GB Kingston RAM yesterday, and my current PC (before mix and match) has a single stick of KIngmax 4GB RAM. As the title said, can I mix and match these RAMs?

I've honestly never heard of "Kingmax" before, but can you give use some more information?  DDR3?  DDR4?  CAS Latency?  Frequency?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I've honestly never heard of "Kingmax" before, but can you give use some more information?  DDR3?  DDR4?  CAS Latency?  Frequency?

Its DDR3, and the stick are 1600 MHz

2 minutes ago, CJChua said:

Its DDR3, and the stick are 1600 MHz

Well there's never a guarantee with these things but it might work.  What are the timings like?  And the voltage (this one is a must)? The more similar everything is, the better the chance of it working.  Ideally you'd also match the company and capacities, but...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, CJChua said:

So I bought a single stick of 8GB Kingston RAM yesterday, and my current PC (before mix and match) has a single stick of KIngmax 4GB RAM. As the title said, can I mix and match these RAMs?

Provided they are both of the same DDR revision, yes.

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well there's never a guarantee with these things but it might work.  What are the timings like?  The more similar everything is, the better the chance of it working.  Ideally you'd also match the company and capacities, but...

What do you mean by timings? I don't know much about RAMs

4 minutes ago, CJChua said:

What do you mean by timings? I don't know much about RAMs

Like 10-10-10-27 or something like that?  What are they?

1 minute ago, CJChua said:

Well, Kingmax's RAM cycle is 11-11-11-30, Kingston's I have no idea

This is where I found the Kingston RAM specifications http://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/KVR16N11_8.pdf

Well they're both DDR3 1600 CL11 so that's definitely something.  Like I said, the voltage simply must be the same, but for the rest of it, it's just a matter of closer = better, and I think there's a good chance these will work.  Honestly my only concern at this point is the "kingmax" ram that I've never heard of before.  If this was any other two companies, I'd say go for it ;)

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well they're both DDR3 1600 CL11 so that's definitely something.  Like I said, the voltage simply must be the same, but for the rest of it, it's just a matter of closer = better, and I think there's a good chance these will work.  Honestly my only concern at this point is the "kingmax" ram that I've never heard of before.  If this was any other two companies, I'd say go for it ;)

Thanks a lot dude!