Is this a good build

Mizard
7 minutes ago, Mizard said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NXvYcc

There is is is there anything that I could change that would make the color scheme look better like different cpu cooler

Here you go:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/UberGamerKing/saved/QFbFf7

What changed:

CPU cooler to AIO liquid

MOBO to Asus Z170-A (the hero is unnecessary)

RAM to HyperX (6700K only supports max of 2133Mhz, also cheaper)

Case to Mastercase 5 Pro ((better case)

Also like, exact same price

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

10 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Here you go:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/UberGamerKing/saved/QFbFf7

What changed:

CPU cooler to AIO liquid

Case to Mastercase 5 Pro ((better case)

Also like, exact same price

Thanks I'll make the changes

13 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

CPU cooler to AIO liquid

Case to Mastercase 5 Pro ((better case

1 For a AIO, it wouldn't get you much better OC, so if you aren't too keen on water cooling you already got a great pick in the nh-d15.

2 I kinda agree that the hero is excessive, but if it has features you really want it's your money. 

3 This is outright wrong, go ahead with the 2666 if that's what you want. 2666 is a sweet spot in testing so that's alright

4 Cases are generally personal preference, but I like that the c70 has a side intake over the gpu, even if it doesn't come with a filter for it

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

The first build was great, no need to change anything

It's the colors 

6 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

1 For a AIO, it wouldn't get you much better OC, so if you aren't too keen on water cooling you already got a great pick in the nh-d15.

2 I kinda agree that the hero is excessive, but if it has features you really want it's your money. 

3 This is outright wrong, go ahead with the 2666 if that's what you want. 2666 is a sweet spot in testing so that's alright

4 Cases are generally personal preference, but I like that the c70 has a side intake over the gpu, even if it doesn't come with a filter for it

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

Do you know any good 1440p monitors for 200 - 300$

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

I'm confused.... you want a better aesthetic look in your computer, but you want to sport that noctua puke beige yellow/brown nonsense? I certainly have nothing against their performance, but gosh are they ever ugly...

But here is what I would do to make your case a little more coordinated (and to directly match your GPU).

Motherboard: Get the Asus Z170-A (down from Hero VIII, there aren't really any amazing features the Hero VIII has that the Z170-A does not)
Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3

Case fans: Literally anything else. I Put in more BeQuiet fans to match the cooler, but it doesn't really matter here. something black or blackish. or black and white. or whatever you want really. Maybe SP120/AF120's from corsair are the way to go since you're already buying one of their cases.
LED strips: With the money you saved via downgrading your motherboard, and with making it primarily black and white in there, you can now add LED strips to really make your case shine! If you can afford it, NZXT Hue+ would be awesome to have. if not, anything like a bitfenix Alchemy set would do nicely. The advantage of the black and white build is that it goes well with ANY colour LED strip you put in there... if you want a red looking build, some red LED's can do that job for you wonderfully. Change your mind and want blue? get blue LED's! or whatever, ya know?

Storage: I know this isn't aesthetics, but Seagate has had TERRIBLE 3TB drives in the past. Arguably the worst HDD ever with how often they would break and how terrible they were. I mean it was LEGENDARILY bad. Nothing wrong with Seagate on the whole, and perhaps this particular 3TB drive does not suffer the same fate, but as a word of caution I would steer clear of the 3TB Seagate drives (unless you specifically know this one is good). if you like seagate and want something other than 3TB like a 2 or 4 TB drive, thats cool. But if you have your heart set on 3TB, dont buy from Seagate imo. Again, its unlikely that they havent fixed the issue yet, or maybe it was a different model entirely, but I wouldn't chance it. that's just my 2cents.

Anywho, thats just what I would do I'm also not a fan of cases that have fans on the side window, to me that defeats the purpose of the side window, but I assume you picked this case for a very deliberate reason, So I opted into not changing it.

4 hours ago, Cyracus said:

Ahem. Also, high frequency RAM provides NO BENEFIT whatsoever if the CPU cant utilize it, and if it can, no benefit to performance anyway. It costs way more, so your spending extra money on RAM that you cant even utilize at the frequency you paid for.

dwd.PNG

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

3 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

dwd.PNG

While intel allows you to OC they don't spec by OCing, ddr4 over 2133 is OCed, and ram speed support is really determined by mobo. the 6600k can absolutely use ram at 2666, I'm using a 6600k with ddr4 3000 just fine. Performance gains are modest when not using integrated graphics, but they are there, and like I said 2666 is a sweet spot in performance, it's not a life changing difference or anything, but it does do some things faster, and 2666 is the same price, so might as well

desktop

Spoiler

HTPC

Spoiler